“Under New Mgmt - Better than Before”

Marinella Italian Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 101 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2016

We've had dinner here twice since the new owners took over. Although they haven't changed the decor or original menu (yet), they do offer a number of specials each day that are delicious. They have also changed several of their sources and are making their own pasta fresh in-house. There is a definite difference in the freshness and flavor of their food. Highly recommend you give them a try - or try again if you stopped before the old owners left. (One tip: Order your dressing on the side. Couldn't finish my salad because it was drenched.)

1  Thank Nanster630

Reviewed 27 March 2016

Wonderful, delicious food. Ample servings. Great service. Reminiscence of a cute place in Italy. Because my friends appreciate my desire to try everything on the menu, I tried everyone's food. It was all fantastic.

2  Thank penguin248
Reviewed 18 February 2016

We have visited Marinella's for many years and have always enjoyed it. However Joe, and his Wife have sold the business, but it still is serving the same great Italian food with the new owner, Arben.or "Ben" We have visited the restaurant twice in the past six weeks and it still has many of the old employees and kitchen personnel and most importantly, the same menu and prices.

2  Thank Jezeitz
Reviewed 28 November 2015

Food was served cold after a 90 minute wait. Asked the owner Joe politely as to why the wait and he became confrontational to my party which included a small child. I told him I was not interested in arguing with him and he kept going on in his belligerent manner. I told him to zip his mouth as I did not want to argue with him. He then gets his macho little man son to the table and tried to escalate the matter even further pulling his tough guy italian attitude on us. Really cool in front of young child and grandparents just trying to order a dinner.

Avoid this place at all costs otherwise they will try to turn your dining experience into family fight night.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

Over the years we have enjoyed Marinella's food and friendly service. We've never experienced the rude behavior mentioned by one reviewer. Food has occasionally been less than outstanding but what restaurant hits 100% every day?
I understand that Marinell's is going to have new management...I hope it stays in the family. Love the Eggplant Marinella and would miss this dish if it disappears or changes.

2  Thank travlingmama