“Worth a visit”

Geneva Diner
Ranked #33 of 156 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We ended up here recently when the fancy breakfast place in Geneva (Buttermilk) basically told us: "by the time you get a table, we'll be closed". Geneva diner is just a couple of blocks down State St and I'm happy we wandered in. The front portion of the place has old fashioned counter service. While we waited for them to prepare our table, I noticed that the waitress and at least a couple of the customers knew each other by name (how small town!). The back area is pretty small - maybe 7 or 8 tables only. Also, the bathroom is down a narrow flight of stairs into the basement. Keep that in mind if you're going here. The menu is pretty extensive and includes options for kids. I thought the food was actually pretty good and the portions were just right (maybe a little smaller than the average breakfast place but I didn't mind that at all). The waitress was pleasant and coffee refills were flowing nonstop. All in all, we'd definitely come back here again.

3  Thank robus1

Reviewed 13 February 2017

an old school diner that does it right! good food. good staff. easy parking. a great place to take the kids!

2  Thank Troy G
Reviewed 21 August 2016

I love this place. No, actually my whole family loves this place. So lucky to have this local hem in town where I can get breakfast just like I'd make for my family, only I don't have to make it. I can occasionally sleep in on the weekend. Bonus that this is a family owned place, run by the nicest family. Sometimes you just don't want to eat fancy food, you just want a diner.

2  Thank ericablondegirl
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Came her for breakfast, felt claustrophobic!! this is a VERY small restaurant. We sat WAYY in the back, bathroom was right next to us. Just not my thing, I felt very uncomfortable in the surroundings. I need some space to enjoy my meal and relax and not be RIGHT next to the person next to me hovering over them. Food was usual, coffee tasted watered down. Went once and will not go again...sorry to say

1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 2 August 2016

When you enter , you will think that you were in Mayberry. They have a huge counter to eat at- and several tables on the side. Food is how it was made- one plate at a time with love. A huge menu filled with tons of breakfast and lunch offerings. I had their corned beef hash and their pancakes, their home style hamburgers and the best potato salad. Etc etc! You will appreciate this adorable little place too.

2  Thank superbob47