“Our first visit”
Review of Buttermilk Cafe

Buttermilk Cafe
Ranked #14 of 156 Restaurants in Geneva
Reviewed 2 December 2017

My son wanted to treat us for my birthday. He called there at 8:45 to be put on the list, and was told that it would be 90 minutes! When we got to the restaurant, it was crowded with 40 people standing in the lobby. You could not even find a spot on the two seating areas. For my handicapped husband to sit down. When my son and grandkids got there, it was only 10 minutes before we were finally seated. By then, it was 11:00 and time for lunch. I was so sorry tor miss breakfast. We each had hamburgers. I had a mushroom Swiss burger, and my husband had a carmelized onion cheddar burger. They were both made juicy and hand partied. Very tasty. And we both got fruit with it. I tasted a bit of my son’s duck bacon. Very cool! I am sorry that your rating circles are not working. I would rate them too. The service, once you are seated was good. The food was made well. And the price was normal for Geneva.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Usually when you plan to go somewhere,'new' it ends up somewhat disappointing. I was surprised at the variety of coffee's available...from espresso to latte, and the fresh, NOT canned, corned beef hash! Every bite was delightful.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I hadd been eating healthy for a while so I went with the butcher block omelette with sausage gravy, but it was not the ingredients but the fluffiness of the omelette that was amazing.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Was recommended by airport personnel who normally give good advice, no different this time. Great breakfast, very good service. The Ironman scramble was different but great the biscuits are out of this world. Can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I placed a to go order, on an early Sunday morning. As I was going over the bridge (which is right by the restaurant) - I get a call confirming my order. Mind you, this was 20 min+ since I had placed the order. I confirmed, getting ready to park to get it. Only to walk in and find that my order had never even been entered! No apology or anything and ended up having to wait another 20+ minutes to get my food. Again, no apology. Granted, by the time I got home the food was delicious - but no butter, syrup, etc. The food is great, but perhaps customer service and proper employee training needs to be largely prioritized.