“Best sushi in the area”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Matsuri Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 151 Restaurants in Geneva
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

Went to Matsuri expecting average sushi but oh. My. Goodness. It was the best sushi I've had in the area! I got traditional rolls of spicy tuna and the philly but they were some of the tastiest rolls I've had. The miso soup was great too! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that I felt like the basic rolls were a little overpriced (at $8). But seriously, they were so good.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

A great Sushi restaurant with attentive service. It is run by a lovely Japanese couple who prepare the Sushi dishes. They also offer cooked items and the miso soup is mandatory. Why, in trendy Geneva, this place isn't standing room only surprises me. Everyone should really give it a try.

1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 7 March 2015

I love sushi and this is a great local place! I have been here for girls night out and on dates. I have tried many things on the menu and it's all good!

Reviewed 14 December 2014

The service was very good. Our server was very kind and friendly. However I would recommend that when they bring the sushi, to let us know the name in English (rather than Japanese). The sushi was fresh and delicious and at a better price point than most in the area. The spicy tuna hand rolls were especially good, as was the eel.

Reviewed 11 December 2014

I went there for dinner this evening, and only then realized I ate there two or three years ago and it was pretty good. Anyhow, the service is good and the sushi tastes fresh. The rice in the such was not marinated to my liking (hence 4 stars instead of 5) but overall quality was there.