“Nice find and low cost alternative to Bein Trucha/Altiro”
Review of El Molcajete

El Molcajete
Ranked #43 of 152 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 July 2015

had a family dinner there on 07/06/15. first visit to small place. The staff were all very nice an accommodating and worked with us as one of the guests has numerous food allergies. Everyone enjoyed their food. the guacamole sampler was great although a little small for 5 people (3 were kids and all were hungry). I had taco sampler and all 5 taco's were good, albeit not a ton of difference. My wife had the Carne Asada with she liked and my 11 YO had tacos Al Pastor which he devoured. The other 2 wanted quesadilla , one chicken (he said it was best he has had) and the other had a special request for shrimp which they accommodated. It was also terrific and should make its way to the menu. They heard is discussing our 11YO birthday that day and unrequested brought him our a special dessert. We will be going back again. Its not quite as upscale and trendy as Bein Trucha but food was good and half the cost.

Reviewed 26 June 2015

El Molcajete has amazing tacos!! And not just in the "it's tasty comfort food", but it's "fresh and creative"! The 3rd street location is very cute has a lot more space. I would highly recommend the taco sampler. It's also a great value for what you get!

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 20 June 2015

We stopped here for a lunchtime snack on a Saturday in June -- just lovely! Sat by beautifully planted flower boxes, sipped a fabulously unique flavor of margarita, and enjoyed "sopesito" appetizer with shrimp and guacamole.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

El Molcajete may not be the shining star of the mexican restaurant scene like Bien Trucha, but it is incredibly good! A must visit for anybody that likes Mexican food. I will be back!

3  Thank lmstell
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

This was my last meal before driving back to WI and I was most disappointed by the fact that I couldn't hang out on the balcony and drink beer all afternoon.

The service was the only reason I went down to 4 stars. They were friendly but a little slow. We weren't in a rush, so no biggie.

Eat the shrimp tacos, they're fantastic! I'd consider this by far one of the better Mexican restaurants I've been to in the Midwest!