All reviews milk and cookies turn down service heated floors four poster bed balcony overlooking the river screen door whirlpool tub continental breakfast gas fireplace downtown geneva romantic weekend wedding night rooms are lovely chocolate covered strawberries across the river first floor junior suite
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I booked this boutique hotel after the Q center was booked full for a conference event I had to attend this past weekend. At first I was a little sad that no rooms were available at or near the Q Center. My husband was driving me in from Ohio so naturally I wanted comfortable and recreational amenities for him while I was at my conference. I searched for 4 or 5 star boutique hotels near the Q Center and found the Herrington Inn & Spa. I love the rustic look of the building and the European decor of the spacious rooms and the hotel is just 3 miles away from The Q Center. The staff are very nice, warm and welcoming. Everyone greeted me with a smile. I did not dine at the Herrington, because my time there was mainly used as a retreat from the Q Center. We are vegetarian and, although I am certain they would've tried to accommodate our palate, my husband and I decided to walk along E. State street to GIA MIA, an Italian restaurant where we ordered take out and dined on delicious salads, pasta dishes, and my favorite dish, eggplant parmesan, yummy! We would've eaten at Gia Mia, except I wanted to relax in our room from a long drive in from Ohio and a long day at the conference center. We ordered take out from GIA MIA both nights we were there. I would've tried the Buttermilk Cafe, which has vegetarian an vegan fare, but they were open from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm, in which I was at the conference center during those times. But getting back to the Herrington Inn & Spa, our room was very spacious with a king size bed that was so comfortable, I wish that I could have stayed in bed all day. We also had a living room space with a working fireplace and wall mounted TV and of course a balcony that I loved where we could sit out and drink our coffee or eat our meals or just relax and stare at the Fox river. There is a wet bar that was stocked with drinks like sodas, maybe a beer or two, I'm not too sure about the beers ( ask reception when you are booking). My only wish is that we had a refrigerator in our room, but maybe there is in other rooms. Not a deal breaker or me. I was happy with the room. The bathroom is spacious too. I took some pictures of our room 322, where part of the view looks out onto the back parking lot, which my husband liked, because it was not so far from our car and the river view from the balcony. I am sorry that I did not take pictures of the food we ordered from GIA MIA, it was so good and I could hardly wait to eat it. Lol, which, I told them that this would happen. I tried

I should add and I almost forgot to tell you that the staff bring cookies and milk to your room when they do turn down service and the Herrington Inn and Spa is surrounded by beautiful and quaint homes and the entire area is just beautiful. The Geneva police station is located just across the street from the hotel too. Check out the Herrington. We would definitely will stay there again.

Room tip: No matter where your room is located, I believe you will enjoy a quiet atmosphere.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Beautiful room and public spaces. Every employee we encountered was wonderful! LOVED the room!!! It was spacious with plenty of places to put things, LOVED the size of the bathroom and the inclusion of a separate vanity area. Love that the shampoo, soap, etc. are in the shower already so I don't have to put them there, that there is a box of tissues not only by the sink but by the vanity as well. Were very surprised and thrilled overall. Will definitely return.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Herrington Inn is a traditional and comfortable hotel in Geneva. The rooms are well decorated with an early American theme which gave them a familiar and comfortable feel.
Also good for conferences or business meetings as they have facilities.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank LDavidMarquet
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Great old town upper scale spa hotel in the middle of a great area. Rooms are spacious with a deep hot tub and balcony overlooking the river. Very quiet surroundings with a peaceful setting. The complimentary milk and cookies along with turn down service delivered before bed is a great touch to this location.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ricardogaray
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Had a wonderful brief, one night stay in a cozy suite. Very convenient for handicapped guest. The whole suite was super charming, cozy and a delight. Restaurant staff for dinner a little off as I had a service guide dog but food was good and breakfast served in the dining room was very fine. All in all would return anytime and recommend it without exception. Wished it could have been longer.

Date of stay: June 2018