The Herrington Inn & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Baker(Saint Charles)
Great 4.5/5
Geneva Motel Inn(Saint Charles)
View Hotel
Super 8 St. Charles(Saint Charles)
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Charles)
Good 3.5/5
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles(Saint Charles)
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsmilk and cookiesturn down serviceheated floorsfour poster bedbalcony overlooking the riverwhirlpool tubcontinental breakfastgas fireplacedowntown genevaglass showerromantic weekendwedding nightbeautiful roomchocolate covered strawberriesacross the riverlarge bathroomatwater restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our wedding night and it was a wonderful time. I only wish we could have stayed longer, we were there for a grand total of probably 11-12 hours. They allowed me to drop off our bags earlier that day so we didn't have to haul them in at 11:30 pm which was nice. We also ordered a bath basket and while we were at the wedding/reception they delivered the bath basket along with our suitcases to our room so we didn't have to bring them up that night. I figured we wouldn't get our milk and cookies since we got there so late but they had the milk on ice so we actually were still able to enjoy it which was awesome. The room was extremely nice in every way, we loved the large tub, heated marble floors, balcony etc. The only downside to the balcony was a lot of river bugs but what can you really do... they're pretty harmless anyways. The room had a very romantic ambience complete with fireplace, etc. I don't remember the name of our specific room but it was one of the nicer ones. From top to bottom it was a great experience and we'd love to go back sometime. If you need a place to stay for a special occasion we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here on a business trip, due to the lack of other nice hotels in the area.

Really nice room on the first floor, right on the river, fireplace, etc. Gigantic room, huge bathroom, everything was spotless.

It's not really a business hotel, but there was a big desk and free wifi, so it was fine with me. But certainly more of a couples/wedding/date place!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2012

A group of friends and I stayed here for a little Bachlorette Party weekend. Is such a gorgeous hotel. Our room was really nice, but the bathroom was the best! The only down fall was the lighting when we all tryed to get ready, it was a little too dim for us. As for a couples get away this is a great hotel for that. Great bar and restaurant! The staff is fantastic. There is lots to do in Genevea and St. Charles, so the hotel has a shuttle bus to take you to and from where you need to be, all you have to do is ask. All the guest at the hotel were very friendly. The best part I'd have to say are the yummy chocolate cookies the maids bring to your room in the evening. Over all good experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
JP_Herrington, Director of Sales at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Thank you for coming in with the girls and we are glad you enjoyed our beautiful property and all of the great things there are that Geneva has to offer! Thanks also for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife and I stayed there for our Wedding Anniversary during Easter Weekend 2012. This is our 2nd stay at the Herrington. We had requested an early check in since we had a Spa Appointment at 11:30am. When we finished our Spa Experience (I had a massage and she had a facial; massage was good; mostly relaxing vs working out knots etc; my wife enjoyed her facial) but our room was not ready. So we went into town and had lunch at the Old Towne bar. Good bar food eats and nicely mixed drinks; bartender appeared to be an Aaron Rogers look alike. He knew that and wanted us to know he wasnt a Packer fan; haha. So then we received a call fromt the Herrington letting us know our room was ready so we headed back and checked into our room (Room 212). It was a corner room with both the Courtyard and River view. The room had a Fireplace in the corner, flat screen tv, bathroom had separate hot tub and shower. The hot tub was wonderful. Staff was also wonderful and knew that it was our anniversary and had provided us a complimentary bottle of champaign (such a nice touch). We had dinner at Atwaters. I had the Filet (very very good) and my wife had the special Risotto with Crab Leg and she said it was extremely good. Both of us are industry restaurant vetarans so you can believe us when we say the food was great and Atwaters is a must-do when you stay. Sunday morning we had a miscommunication regarding our breakfast/brunch reservations. The Herrington had us booked only for a Sunday morning breakfast at Atwaters when we had meant that we wanted the special Easter Brunch. The front desk was more than accomodating and worked us in for the Brunch. The Brunch was a good buffet but pretty steep at the $36 price point and $15 mimosas but for the one time Easter Brunch occaision with almost what ever fresh made food you wanted I guess the price was about right. Now for the negatives- the Bed was probably really nice a some point but it snugged us in so much that we couldnt move and it made for a very restless night. Also, being that we had a River view there were so many bugs and spiders on the deck outside and some made there way into the room. Although not bothersome I think that they can at least treat the outside with some kind of repellant. Also some of these bugs were all over the courtyard grounds. Basically this tells me that they simply need to pay a bit more attention to the outside grounds. I do recommend walking the River bikepath/trail. Next time we come we will bring our bicycles seeing as there are so many trails and the scenery is so nice. Be sure to carry a big stick with you as there are geese everywhere. So to recap, we will stay again at the Herrington as its definitely one of the nicest places in the west suburbs and we certainly enjoy going there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I wanted to love the Herrington. It just wasn't that great. Maybe it was our room with the "town view" (parking lot). Maybe the the river view side is nice, but this "parlor suite" had an awkward layout with a fireplace in no man's land, the bed was comfortable but in the corner of this L shaped room with no circulation. The TV was small and old and in a upper cabinet which wouldn't normally matter but it was March Madness. The continental breakfast was good but the seating was minimal and we had to sit in these chairs that pulled up to a table that was the height of an end table. My knees didn't exactly tuck. The location is convenient but avoid the parlor if you go.

Room Tip: Avoid the parlor town view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monet2011
logwes, General Manager at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Unfortunately your room was one of 3 rooms within the hotel that does not have a view of the river. The view of our courtyard and the river is a significant part of the Herrington experience and I am sorry you were unable to enjoy our scenic location.

Please contact me directly if you would like to come back so I can make make up for your last experience.

Paul Ruby, GM