My wife and I stayed there for our Wedding Anniversary during Easter Weekend 2012. This is our 2nd stay at the Herrington. We had requested an early check in since we had a Spa Appointment at 11:30am. When we finished our Spa Experience (I had a massage and she had a facial; massage was good; mostly relaxing vs working out knots etc; my wife enjoyed her facial) but our room was not ready. So we went into town and had lunch at the Old Towne bar. Good bar food eats and nicely mixed drinks; bartender appeared to be an Aaron Rogers look alike. He knew that and wanted us to know he wasnt a Packer fan; haha. So then we received a call fromt the Herrington letting us know our room was ready so we headed back and checked into our room (Room 212). It was a corner room with both the Courtyard and River view. The room had a Fireplace in the corner, flat screen tv, bathroom had separate hot tub and shower. The hot tub was wonderful. Staff was also wonderful and knew that it was our anniversary and had provided us a complimentary bottle of champaign (such a nice touch). We had dinner at Atwaters. I had the Filet (very very good) and my wife had the special Risotto with Crab Leg and she said it was extremely good. Both of us are industry restaurant vetarans so you can believe us when we say the food was great and Atwaters is a must-do when you stay. Sunday morning we had a miscommunication regarding our breakfast/brunch reservations. The Herrington had us booked only for a Sunday morning breakfast at Atwaters when we had meant that we wanted the special Easter Brunch. The front desk was more than accomodating and worked us in for the Brunch. The Brunch was a good buffet but pretty steep at the $36 price point and $15 mimosas but for the one time Easter Brunch occaision with almost what ever fresh made food you wanted I guess the price was about right. Now for the negatives- the Bed was probably really nice a some point but it snugged us in so much that we couldnt move and it made for a very restless night. Also, being that we had a River view there were so many bugs and spiders on the deck outside and some made there way into the room. Although not bothersome I think that they can at least treat the outside with some kind of repellant. Also some of these bugs were all over the courtyard grounds. Basically this tells me that they simply need to pay a bit more attention to the outside grounds. I do recommend walking the River bikepath/trail. Next time we come we will bring our bicycles seeing as there are so many trails and the scenery is so nice. Be sure to carry a big stick with you as there are geese everywhere. So to recap, we will stay again at the Herrington as its definitely one of the nicest places in the west suburbs and we certainly enjoy going there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel, spa, and restaurant in the Chicago suburb of Geneva, IL. Voted one of Illinois best spa hotels and located on the waterfront, each room offers a large whirlpool tub, fireplace, and furnished balcony. We are perfect for storybook weddings, corporate meetings, romantic getaways, fine dining, and relaxing in the best day spa in Geneva. Within walking distance to the Metra Train line to Chicago's Loop, and running/biking path. Evening turn down service staff deliver chilled milk and fresh baked cookies to all overnight guests. Each morning guests enjoy a complimentary European-style continental breakfast buffet served in our grand lobby. Also complimentary: wireless internet access and plenty of onsite parking. Just across from the hotel is the Fox River Trail, available year round for waterfront running or biking. Hotel is within walking distance to over 100 shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Herrington Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herrington Hotel Geneva
- The Herrington Inn And Spa
- Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Geneva