“An absolutely beautiful and relaxing experience!”

The Herrington Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We visited the Herrington Inn & Spa in September for 2 nights in 2011 to use as a base for golfing in the area. The Inn was outstanding!! Rooms were very clean and very nicely decorated with an easy on/off fireplace. The milk and cookies each night was a very nice touch. We also loved the patio access where we could sit and enjoy a bottle of wine on our patio while overlooking the beautiful courtyard and the river.

We also ate at the restaurant and we were truly impressed! The restaurant boasts a very inventive and high quality menu and the quality of the food is outstanding!! Our server, Joe Ricardo, has been with the property for many years and he was exceptional. He new exactly what we needed and when we needed it. Great balance of professionalism, service, and knowledge! We HIGHLY recommend both the Inn and the restaurant!

Room Tip: We chose not to pay the extra money for a river view room and were very pleased with our choice. Th...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Not sure which was more amazing, the heated bathroom floors or my own fireplace I had going all night.
Luxury at its finest! Friendly staff, service orientated, gorgeous spa, amazing rooms and food.
The Herrington Spa & Inn is a must visit whether you live in Geneva or surrounding area's and especially just visiting from out of town.

I can't wait to return. I have traveled all over the world and I must say this is my favorite spot!!

Room Tip: Fireplace, gives a great night sleep in autumn or winter plus there is a balcony to enjoy anytime
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stayed four days for a local family gathering in the area. Had two rooms and everything was "just right". Don't know who instructs the staff but without exception EVERYONE that made eye contact had something nice to say to you. From the maids in housekeeping to reception everyone was extraordinary with courtesy... you could say "charming".

I arrived early for the breakfast on the weekend, it starts later on Sat and Sun, so one of the staff had noticed what I ate the day before and brought that to me before they "officially" opened... without me asking. I travel all over the world and seldom do I get that level of service in the US.

I don't like Chicago but whenever it is a necessity to be in the Windy City it will be Herrington.

Room Tip: Views of the river are delightful, ask for a "river view"
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
logwes, General Manager at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased you acknowledged some of the "little" things we try to do to make a difference in our guest's experience. Although you don't like Chicago I'm glad you like the Herrington.

Paul Ruby. GM

Reviewed 11 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Herrington for our anniversary in late October. We had stayed there one other time several years ago and had a very nice experience and have been looking forward to going back. This time we got a 2 room suite overlooking the river and it just got better from there. We ate that night in the Atwater restaurant. Meagan, the hostess and our server Renee knew, from Stephanie at the front desk, that it was our anniversary. We were presented with a Happy Anniversary card signed by all the staff. What a classy touch. Our dinner was incredible! The entire meal from start to finish was delicious including a complimentary tidbit that the chef wanted patrons to sample. YUM. After dinner we were given a tour of the banquet facility by Tim. We spent the rest of the evening enjoying our balcony overlooking the river and the fireplace in our room. The next morning we treated ourselves to room service. Our breakfasts were hot, delicious, and their coffee is to die for. We are already planning our next stay. We had a wonderful time. The staff is what makes it so good. From the moment we walked in until we left, all the people we encountered were nice, accommodating and truly seemed to enjoy working at the Herrington. We met a lot of the staff members, some of whom we mentioned and some we never knew their names, but our stay at the Herrington was exceptional because of the people that work there. We look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My wife and I spent our anniversary at the Herrington and we were impressed from the moment we walked in. The lobby sets the tone for the rest of the visit. It is a spacious, old world elegant area with fireplace, comfortable seating and bar which seems to invite all to hang out (which we did).

The staff is extremely helpful and professional. We had great service at Atwater's and the food was amazing. We both had the butternut squash soup to start. My wife had the filet and I tried the salmon. The atmosphere and service continued to make us feel we were worlds away from it all.

The room was beautiful but it is the bathroom that took our breath away; A huge whirlpool tub, separate shower and heated floor.

Our favorite niche experience we haven't had at any other hotels was the cookies and milk delivery. Who knew a childhood favorite could add such a great touch to our night away from our own kids?

It was a luxurious experience and I would recommend it to anyone looking to escape the real world. Make sure you request a view of the river, it makes all the difference.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the river.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FishingRox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
3.0 km away
4.6 km away
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to The Herrington Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK