“Really delicious and creative food”
Review of Livia

Livia
Reserve with OpenTable
Livia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 151 Restaurants in Geneva
Reviewed 10 November 2017

It was my first time to Geneva and my clients brought me here. It was too cold to sit outside (although in the warmer months I'm sure it's a cool vibe). Jeff, our waiter, was good at making suggestions and was very attentive. We started with his suggestion for the Butcher, the Cheese and the The Toast, and had the Pig + Fig (more like a spread, not what we expected, but tasty), Sartori Merlot - a little sweet, and Truffle Gouda (both very nice), and Olives - also a little sweet, unexpected, but nice.

We also had the Sweet Onion and Bacon flatbread, which comes with homemade potato chips on top... yum!

I had the Grouper, which was very good, and my clients had the Filet Mignon (really tender and cooked just right - medium rare), and the Lobster & Shrimp Fra Diavolo (which he said was hot, and good).

We finished with fresh gelato and an apple slab - a nice ending to a very nice dinner.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Livia is located in a space occupied by many other restaurants in the past. The revamped interior is quite upscale and very chic. We sat at a large booth near the bar. The room was full of diners. The menu is eclectic and nice. I ordered the lamb chop dinner which was fantastic. My husband had pasta that he really enjoyed. Our server was very friendly and efficient. We each had a glass of wine and the pour wasn't as substantial as we thought it should be. It won't stop us from returning, though!! Good luck to this restaurant. I hope they are successful.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

We just had dinner there for the first time... We were going out with the folks for a special meal that's been put off for a while and we wanted something new and different. We live about a half hour away and was looking anywhere within the Chicagoland area for a restaurant that was newer with great reviews. We were very lucky in finding this place. For our taste buds every item we chose was delicious and leaving us with wanting more. We started out with a meat and cheese deli board that we included their olives and honey ricotta along with some meat and cheese... Both the olives and ricotta were outstanding. Next up was the Zucchini fritters, also amazing. Then we wanted to try their flatbread... we assumed we knew what they would be like from other dining experiences at other establishments, but boy were we surprised with these. The flatbread itself was just different. Such a wonderfully thin and crispy flatbread amazingly topped. First we had ordered the Onion + Bacon flatbread and since we just couldn't get enough we decided to order yet another, the Butcher Block flatbread. The Onion one had just enough spice and the Butcher Block one was a total spin toward sweet, both amazingly put together. Finally it was time for the four of us to order some entrees, I had the Steak Frittes and the potatoes were just somehow delicious in a new way for me. Also at the table was the Lobster Shrmip Diavolo which had a terrific spicy lobster flavor sauce, the Spaghetti + Meatballs tasted of veal like it should and also had at the table the Charred Ribeye which was very well cooked and for those who enjoy gorgonzola that butter was also terrific. We finished the meal with two desserts to share. Personally I wasn't a fan of the ice cream, but the three others enjoyed. Overall, couldn't get enough and we are surely heading back.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I had the ricotta/honeycomb appetizer and mushroom flatbread; my companion had the squash fritters (amazing parm. dipping sauce) and pasta special. Wow! All items were very tasty. We weren't rushed by the wait staff and had a very nice grown up dinner (no children in the whole restaurant which was a real treat for a mom without her kids!). I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here at the bar. They have great breadsticks at the bar only. Our server Matt, could not have been friendlier or more attentive. We both had steaks and they were excellent. Great appetizer selections and a good varied menu. I would highly recommend!