“Great lunch spot”

Maid-Rite Sandwich Shop
Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Galesburg
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Always good sandwiches and great homemade pies and friendly staff! Always a necessary stop when visiting in Galesburg.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I love the Maid-Rite sandwich shop. I go by myself as maid-rites are not my wife's favorite. I go there several times per year.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

This was a quick stop for lunch on a road trip. Great idea! I had never been to a Maid-Rite before but others in my vehicle had. This particular restaurant is quite old - let's say historic. We sat at the bar, which was fun. I had the "cheese rite", which is essentially a "maid rite" with a slice of american cheese - all for less than $3. What is a maid rite, you ask? It's essentially ground meat in a bun...topped with your choice of typical hamburger condiments. I really liked the way they had cooked the meat - not greasy at all, with a nice bit of crustiness and great flavor. They don't offer fries, so be prepared. I had a milkshake to go, as a nice end to the meal.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I went here for lunch. I ordered a Maid Rite with cheese and cole slaw. It was the driest Maid Rite I had ever had. Normally, the sandwich is wet with fat and juice. The bun for my sandwich was not even wet. It was still good but very unexpected.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

No fried food of any kind. Nice place but no fries. Good service and friendly! Located in middle of area and not near interstate but worth the drive. My first stop for maid-rites on my way home to Davenport, Iowa. Got to have my maid-rite fix. No maid-rites in south Alabama!