“Nice Surprise!”

Hacienda Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 101 Restaurants in Galesburg
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Met the family here on a recommendation of a friend. Quite frankly, the restaurant didn't make the greatest first impression as we drove into the parking lot. However, once inside, we found a rather cozy environment with lots of Mexican artwork displayed on the walls. The biggest surprise was the quality of the food...awesome!! There were eight in our party and all ordered something different and all were much impressed with their dinner. Very friendly and accommodating service. Look forward to another visit in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

My wife and I had attended the Rock & Gem show in Peoria. As is our nature we decided to wander and since we had never been to Galesburg we just went to check the town out. On our way into town we saw the Hacienda Jalisco Restaurant. We had eaten at one in Arkansas back in June while on vacation. It was a very good experience so we stopped here and we were extremely surprised by just how much better the one in Galesburg was. She had the Steak Quesadilla and I had the Fiesta Chimichanga. They were both seasoned to perfection as were the Red Rice and the Refried Beans. The beef in both had the best sear we have ever had at a Mexican Restaurant. The first bite just made your mouth water for the next bite. The portions were large and very reasonably priced. If you ever end up in Galesburg make it a point to give them a try. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I have been going to Jaliscos for years. Always good, consistent food. Chimichangas and enchiladas are excellent.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here. Service was not great. No refills on drinks, just slow overall. The food was below average compared to most places I've been. Lunch fajitas served on a cold plate with very little meat, and the nachos were not great. Chips were over cooked and cheese sauce had no flavor. Staff wasn't rude but also not friendly and inviting. We will find somewhere else to eat if we make it back to Galesburg.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I read the positive reviews about "authentic Mexican food", was encouraged. Beautiful flowers outside, and the waiting staff seemed Mexican. But the food was so disappointing! My husband ordered chiles rellenos, they came as 3 brownish things, inside was big chuck of cheese, outside was thick layer of eggs. We've both been in many good Mexican restaurants before but never seen such things. Taste was bland and mostly egg and cheese. I ordered vegetarian burrito, it was alright but came in with nothing else, which was surprising because it was listed as dinner dish at dinner price. Overall very bland and doesn't taste Mexican to me. Store decoration is good.