“Love their salsa ”

Acapulco Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Galesburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Love their salsa! All the food we ordered was good. The refried beans needed a little more spice, but the enchiladas, tamales, tacos were tasty. Great deal for the lunch specials.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

It has been years since i've been here. My wife and I had went bowling for an outing on Valentine's Day and Acapulco is next door, so we thought we'd go here for the convienance.

Being Valentine's Day they were packed. We were able to get seated, so with all the people I have to cut them a little slack in this review, but not much.

It is a nice medium size place. Seats many tables of four or more. The atmosphere is decked out in somewhat Mexican flare with the decorations. They had a singer for enterainment. This particluar person sings twice a year, Valentine's Day and Halloween. I do not know how often they have entertainment throughout the rest of the year.

It took awhile for us to get our orders placed. I like Mexican food, however I can't tell you what i'm eating. For the most part it is all the same in my opinion, you change one ingredient and it has a totally different name. It seems to be the same food either placed on top of, or wrapped in a corn shell or flour tortilla. That being said my wife had ordered a Dinner Combination of a Taco, Enchilada and Tostada. She seemed to have like it. She didn't get her Enchilada however. The waitress didn't seem to be too attentive as she should have checked on us more frequently. I had asked for more napkins and a second beer twice. She should've taken care of that the first time.

I had ordered Carnitas for $9.99, which is braised pork shredded and pan fried with onions for more flavor and juicy taste, or so the menu says. This is also served with rice, beans, and with four either a corn or flour tortillas. I had ordered two of each. I had received four flour.

The chips that you get are hand made and fried. VERY GOOD! The salsa was good as well. Not too heavy on the cilantro like you may taste at other Mexican restaruants.

The best part of the food i'd say would be the chips. Our waitress was nice, but she needs to be more attentive to her customer. As I had said, this was on Valentine's Day so they were busy, but when looking around, I didn't even see our waitress with other customers. Perhaps she had been working in the back, I don't know.

I just can't give this visit an excellent rating for this visit. Will I go back? Honestly not for a while if I ever do. Impressions do have an impact on the customer, hense only the average rating. If it weren't for me giving them some slack for a busy night, this same service on an ordinary night would have given them a poor rating.

In case you are wondering how the bowling match turned out with my wife. She kicked my butt. I suck at bowling. LOL . But we had fun.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Basically a joke with poor service, suspect food, and won't clear off a table so you can sit where you want instead placing you in a broken down booth you can barely get out of. The only plus I found is they were very friendly...especially when payi.g your check. NOT RECOMMENDED!
Sorry...I guess!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Authentic Mexican food that is freshly made to order. They have plans to move the restaurant to a new location, but that seems to be on hold. Great tacos, enchiladas, and burritos! Love the fresh made chips and salsa they serve while you wait for your food.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The chips and salsa was great. The queso dip was really good. Huge portions. Good food. The chimichangas were great as well . Stop by you will enjoy it !