“Fantastic Place for a weekend, week, or the rest of your life!!!!!!!”
Review of Stoney Creek Inn

Stoney Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Galena
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I wish it were possible to issue more than 5 stars to a facility. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The last time was in November and I thought.... Wow this is a nice place, never thought I would be back. We were there recently for my Nieces 30th Birthday weekend. She specifically chose Galena, IL and Stoney Creek Inn for her weekend despite being offered other places to go.... Lake Geneva, New Orleans, New York. Nope Stoney Creek and Galena it was. I called the hotel and spoke with the manager Katie to see if it were at all possible for them to decorate her room for her arrival. Katie was extremely accommodating and said that she would make sure it happened. I express mailed decorations and called a couple of days before arrival to verify that they had them and that they could still accommodate the request. I spoke with Nicole and he verified that yes the came and everything would be taken care of. I asked if they happened to carry wine. She said yes they did, so I requested a bottle be in the room for her arrival. (they had chilled it and everything)

To say my Niece was surprised is putting it mildly. The was overjoyed and the girls when out of their way to make this a great start to her Birthday weekend.

It is NOT what they did for me that puts them at the top of my favorite hotels. It is what they do for all of their guests. They cleaned a carseat and cover for a family who's little baby got sick on the car ride. They gave it back to them as clean as it was when it was new. There were many people on Motorcycles enjoying the last of the beautiful weather. In the morning the dew gets pretty heavy and they hotel had extra towels that were unsuitable for guest rooms but excellent for drying off motorcycles.

The "free" breakfast is one of the best I have had. Fresh cooked food, eggs, sausage biscuits and gravy, sausage/ham. Muffins, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, cereal, and the biggest waffles you ever saw.... plus more than i list here.

My only dissapointment is that there were no "fund raiser" stuffed animlas on the bed. I looked forward to that and bringing one home. I was told by one of the employees that they were forced to stop that 20 year tradition because someone complained about Germs..... That is such a shame and I hope they reconsider and tell that person if they don't like it they can stay somewhere else.

If you go to Galena, or are thinking about going..... STAY IN THIS HOTEL...... You won't regret it.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, I have stayed on the second and first floor. Due to my bad knee I prefe...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Laurie Ann C

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding weekend and we have not one complaint! All staff members we encountered were top notch and made us feel at home. Special shout out to Jess, Nicole, and Rachel for their awesome customer service! The decor is so rustic and cozy. We got a specialized room with a jet tub and it was so nice and roomy! Complimentary breakfast, workout room, fresh lemon ice water, and a jacuzzi in the rustic rocky pool area are just some of the amenities we appreciated. The location is amazing next to a delicious Mexican restaurant Los Aztecas, grocery store, nail salon, bridal dress store, McDonald's, bank, Walmart, and 5 minute drive to downtown Galena. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We had the suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi, it was very spacious, bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was friendly, there was a bar on site and free breakfast each morning. It was only a few minutes from downtown, highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017

thank you for a wonderful hotel - we were thrilled to arrive in Galena in the evening and still be able to book a room. Heidi and Brittany were amazing and very accommodating. The rooms were clean, nice and beautifully decorated! We will definitely be staying again. Breakfast was great too!
thank you again Heidi and Brittany !!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Janae T, Guest Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

sdhoover1993 - Wow, what a great time you had! We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff equally. They really do do an excellent job. Thank you for the great comments regarding breakfast, we hope you were able to enjoy Galena as well as it is such a unique town. Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to hosting you in Galena again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We stayed three nights. Staff at this hotel are amazing, very friendly and helpful in every way. They keep the hotel very clean. We stayed on the bottom level with a whirlpool tub. The tub itself is not very deep, that was disappointing. Also, there is no step to get in and out of the tub which was very tricky and unsafe. The windows only had wooden shades which let in a lot of light and made the whirlpool tub area not very private to the parking lot outside the window by the tub. Really needs curtains over those windows by the parking lot. Was very noisy when cars were coming and going as well. Overall, this hotel is better than most at this price level. It is not located in the downtown area, but just about a half mile away, wasn't a problem for us though. There are restaurants and a grocery store right there you could walk to if you wish.

Room Tip: Too much parking lot noise on bottom level.There are only wooden shades which let in too much light...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Becky, Thank you for the great review of our Galena location. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our theme whirlpool suite as well as found it to be a good value. I will be sure to pass along the suggestion of curtains to our development team, thank you for that suggestion. We look forward to hosting you in Galena again soon. We do offer suites on our upper level as well as suites with a whirlpool and fireplace - I'm sure you would enjoy them as well.