I wish it were possible to issue more than 5 stars to a facility. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The last time was in November and I thought.... Wow this is a nice place, never thought I would be back. We were there recently for my Nieces 30th Birthday weekend. She specifically chose Galena, IL and Stoney Creek Inn for her weekend despite being offered other places to go.... Lake Geneva, New Orleans, New York. Nope Stoney Creek and Galena it was. I called the hotel and spoke with the manager Katie to see if it were at all possible for them to decorate her room for her arrival. Katie was extremely accommodating and said that she would make sure it happened. I express mailed decorations and called a couple of days before arrival to verify that they had them and that they could still accommodate the request. I spoke with Nicole and he verified that yes the came and everything would be taken care of. I asked if they happened to carry wine. She said yes they did, so I requested a bottle be in the room for her arrival. (they had chilled it and everything)
To say my Niece was surprised is putting it mildly. The was overjoyed and the girls when out of their way to make this a great start to her Birthday weekend.
It is NOT what they did for me that puts them at the top of my favorite hotels. It is what they do for all of their guests. They cleaned a carseat and cover for a family who's little baby got sick on the car ride. They gave it back to them as clean as it was when it was new. There were many people on Motorcycles enjoying the last of the beautiful weather. In the morning the dew gets pretty heavy and they hotel had extra towels that were unsuitable for guest rooms but excellent for drying off motorcycles.
The "free" breakfast is one of the best I have had. Fresh cooked food, eggs, sausage biscuits and gravy, sausage/ham. Muffins, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, cereal, and the biggest waffles you ever saw.... plus more than i list here.
My only dissapointment is that there were no "fund raiser" stuffed animlas on the bed. I looked forward to that and bringing one home. I was told by one of the employees that they were forced to stop that 20 year tradition because someone complained about Germs..... That is such a shame and I hope they reconsider and tell that person if they don't like it they can stay somewhere else.
If you go to Galena, or are thinking about going..... STAY IN THIS HOTEL...... You won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gravitate to Galena. After a wonderful day shopping more than 100 antique stores, marveling at historic 19th-century architecture, playing a round of championship golf, hitting the slopes or experiencing one of Galena's many unique restaurants, the Stoney Creek Hotel rooms and theme suites are the perfect place to unwind. Relax by the fire or in our indoor heated pool. We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Stoney Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Galena Hotel Galena
- Stoney Creek Galena
- Stoney Creek Hotel Galena