“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tierra Linda Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Tierra Linda Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 33 Galena B&B and Inns
Highland Park, Illinois
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Tierra Linda is a slice of heaven on earth. It is a wonderful escape - and for the dogs it is 11 acres of free run paradise! Armando should get the award for the best host ever. And he's a GREAT cook! (Love the breakfast!) He even cooks for the dogs! You and your dogs won't want to go home!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

If you want to completely relax and hang with significant others, including pets, this is the place! The location is great, about 5 minutes to town. The setting is lovely, especially in the Fall. As usual, we were greeted by Armando and his puppies. It is always a warm welcome, and this being our fifth year at Tierra Linda, it is like seeing an old friend! Right away we knew we had left our troubles behind in Chicago! Tierra Linda is always clean, albiet a bit rustic. We stayed in our same room which is very cozy. Our niece and nephew joined us for a second year and right away we fell into vacation mode. The doggies were so excited, they knew exactly what was in store for them. Acres of land to explore and chicken, ribs, chicken soup and biscuits to eat!
Armando, we will see you next year!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

This place is a unique and wonderful experience. Armando takes great care of the dogs. Galena and Armando's property in particular are gorgeous. If you want a vacation with your dogs, this place is a must.

• Stayed October 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed at Tierra Linda this past weekend for our three year anniversary trip and it was excellent. We took our schnauzer and three month old baby and Armando was so welcoming to all of us. He gave us excellent suggestions of things to do, places to eat, as well as recommendations for our drive home so we could see some great fall color. The house was clean and well maintained and the breakfast for both the people and dogs was delicious! We would totally go back!

Room Tip: Dog Friendly. Baby Friendly.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

When I hear "Dixie, let's go for a ride!" I just know it's going to be good. My parents take me to daycare, the dog park, the dog beach, hiking, and friend's homes (though, every once in a while we go to this weird place with this guy that talks to me in broken puppy English while he looks in my ears and eyes and pokes me with a needle - I don't really like that place!). This past weekend, I was super excited to hop in the car!

Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Sheesh, I usually get the reward after riding in the car for a few minutes. After a few hours, we arrived at Tierra Linda and I couldn't believe my eyes...DOGS!!! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. There was Armando with Willow and Taran and they were at the entrance to greet me. Once we met, they showed me around this magnificent property. There were well-groomed trails throughout the property, a sandy beach area, and WATER! I jumped right in and knew just where to run whenever I was outside with my parents. After Armando showed my parents around the property at sunset, he started up a bonfire and cooked me a whole cow rib!!! This is dog heaven.

My parents were there for their anniversary and I know they were enjoying the relaxing atmosphere and seeing me having so much fun with all this freedom. Once I was fed, Armando offered up a couple of pizzas and salad for my parents as they chatted with the other guests. I could hear my parents raving about the good breakfasts each morning and after Armando slipped me a few pieces of bacon, I could see why! My dad likes beer, so we took one car ride to buy some New Glarus. After that, we walked the streets of Galena for a bit. I really couldn't wait to get back to Tierra Linda and play with my friends, Willow and Taran.

Tierra Linda is such a beautifully serene property and rustic country home that I never wanted to leave. Armando was such a gracious proprietor that he even helped my parents look for the car key when it came time to leave! Ok, I may have tried to bury it back on one of the trails and I suspect Armando wasn't looking TOO hard because he didn't want me to leave. Woof! I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple