“This place is a true GEM.....very happy we found it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Abe's Spring Street Guest House
Ranked #12 of 33 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Charles & Sandy are wonderful hosts of this special place. Charles is an artist and potter who is happy to share his studio with guests. Sandy makes a wonderful breakfast and is a super hostess. Together they share their beautiful home and surroundings with those of us fortunate enough to stay here

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 January 2011

My wife and I stayed at Abe's for her birthday with another couple. We had a remarkable time. The proprietors are very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious both mornings! The hot tub and sauna on the premises was superb! We had a very relaxing and enjoying weekend filled with wine tastings, massages and seeing the gorgeous sites that Galena offers in the Autumn. Our guest suite was very charming and spacious. We booked a birthday package and I was contacted to ask what kind of cake we would like for my wife's birthday. It was made next door at the Galena Bakery (I think that's the name) and it was delicious and offered lots to share. I would recommend this B&B to anyone looking to get away and enjoy themselves.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gohereforthis
Reviewed 8 December 2010

Took my BFF for a surprise getaway after her chemo. I researched B&B's, and kept coming back to Abe's Spring Street, boy am I glad I did. Sandy & Charles are the perfect hosts. Rudolphs Retreat room was wonderful. Very cozy, fireplace, king size bed, too many plus's to mention. Did the glaze&graze, just awsome. Sandy's breakfast's were amazing. The sculptures & pottery were breathtaking. Will stay again. Thanks Sandy & Charles, and of course Oreo.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I cannot recommend Abe's enough. My wife and I stayed in Rudolph's Retreat and got some fantastic rest, enjoyed leisurely walks over to Main St. and had some great breakfasts each morning. I used to go up to Galena for skiing and had never enjoyed the downtown and now can't wait to go back again to enjoy some of the wineries as well as another weekend at Abe's.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We were there for my husband's birthday weekend. It was wonderful and we highly recommend Abe's... Thank you to Sandy and Charles for your unique place and gracious service. We will be back !!! Jim & Sheri Rusilowicz

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple