“"FANTASTIC"”

Ranked #7 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Cheesehead
“"FANTASTIC"”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This was our third time at the Goldmoor Inn. We love it. Everything about this place is great - the accomadations, food and staff. My wife and I decided to make this an annual event on our anniversary. A special time at a special place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Bloomingdale, Illinois
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Patricia and Tom made sure our stay was everything we expected and more. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable with excellent amenities. The staff was very polite and pleasant always making sure we were happy. I highly recommend The Goldmoor to anyone staying in Galena. Everything from check-in to check-out was first class. The on-site dining was wonderful, me and my wife reserved the Chef's table in the kitchen which i highly recommend to make the experience something to remember. The food was superb and the service excellent. I had the best seafood pasta dish I've ever had, and my wife and I eat out frequently at some of the best restaurants in Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Goldmoor for two nights on August 1st. I must say that I have never felt more welcome anywhere. Pat and her husband Tom were excellent hosts. My wife and I felt has if we have known them for years. Pat took us for a tour through the facility. The staff is great. The grounds are stunning!!!!!! Really a five star B and B!
Gentry Riley
Chicago, IL

Galena, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Three of my friends and our daughters have a tradition of going away for a couple of days every summer to relax and have fun. This year we stayed at the Goldmoor for two nights and were treated extremely well. The rooms are gorgeous....beautifully decorated and larger than any other hotel we have ever stayed at. The staff was friendly and accomodating no matter what time of day (or night). The grounds are beautiful and lend themselves to evenings in lawn chairs watching the sun set over the Mississippi River, long walks or enjoying conversation and games in the gazebo. The Goldmoor Inn is a fabulousl place to stay with the best staff I have ever encountered.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Galena, Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We had our annual Mother/daughter get away this past week and decided to stay closer to home at the Goldmoor Inn. Everything was wonderful! The rooms themselves are huge and you feel like you are in an exclusive home with elegant furniture and beautiful linens. Every detail is thought of, from the heated towel racks to the flavored coffee creams in your room. I can't remember ever staying in a room this nice. But... it is the grounds that really got my heart. You are surronded by beautiful flowers and walkways that overlook the Mississippi River. You could come to Galena and relax on the beautiful patio and never leave the premises. A great place to get-sway. We were very impressed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends