“Fantastic bed and breakfast!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Avery on Prospect Hill Guest House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 33 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Wonderful accommodations and food. Quiet and clean with outstanding desserts and breakfasts. So enjoy coming here!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Avery on Prospect Hill Guest House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Craig and Leslie were wonderful hosts. We stayed at Avery for 3 nights as my husband and I were involved with a wedding at Galena cellars. The desert at night was a nice touch as we came "home" late evenings from wedding preperations. The Lynn Marie room was spacious and very nicely decorated. The bed soft with a lovely quilt. We had a private bath that was also spacious. The house was very clean and included many historic items of interest. My husband and I loved the porch in the evening. The location was very close to down town and had we had time we could have easily walked back and forth. Breakfast was delicious. The conversation easy even though we were with strangers thanks to Leslie and Craigs humor and stories. Leslie made sure I had a light breakfast before my matron of honor duties started on Saturday and arranged for me to have an iron to press my dress. I cant wait till our next stay. We will be back without hesitation!!

Room Tip: Thursdays are the cheapest nights.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Redkat_99
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We stayed at the AVERY for Country Fair Weekend. We LOVE this weekend because of the Fair & all the hustle/bustle that is brought to Main Street. We were able to get a room due to a cancellation. EVERYTHING in town was fully booked & this was last minute for us. Our "usual" B&B in Galena has closed down, which we are pretty sad about. :-( The AVERY house is very quaint. It is an OLD house which I thought had a bit of an odd smell in the living room sitting area but I just learned to adjust to it. The innkeepers were VERY VERY friendly!!! The breakfast was wonderful! Very tasty & all the other people staying there were friendly as well. My husband & I were the youngest couple there (I'm 39 & he's 44). The chocolate cake dessert in the evening was TO DIE FOR!!!!! I took 2 pieces. Shame on me!! The BEST BEST part of this stay was that we could just walk to the fair. It was THAT close!!! I didn't have to worry about trying to find parking. That was a definate PLUS!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CharlieTangoChicago
Reviewed 14 February 2011

My husband and I plus his brother and wife have been coming to Galena for about 4 years, we have stayed at Avery house three out of the four years. We are planning on returning again this year. We live in the same town in Indiana, but we enjoy coming to Galena and Avery House for some rest, relaxation and being able to enjoy each other's company. We enjoy the historical aspect of Galena, also shopping in a quaint town. We find something new to do each visit. That is in part to our inn keepers Craig and Leslie. We can't say enough about their hospitality. We feel like we are a part of their family. They are always there for any of our needs. We have always stayed in the Rebecca Lynn room. Craig and Leslie have taken so much time and love in making their Bed & Breakfast a home. We can't wait for breakfast in the morning, it is a full course meal, something new each day. We enjoy the company of the other guests, but most of all the stories that Craig and Leslie share about their families and what has happened in Galena the past year. They give us ideas on places to see etc. Then after a full day of shopping and sightseeing, and supper at great variety of restaurants, we can't wait to get back to the evening dessert. Jim & Bonnie

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank His2ryBuffs
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Just wanted to add our kudo's to our hosts and the Avery House. This was the best experience we have ever had at a B & B. Our friends who joined us there had never been to a B & B before...Craig and Leslie have set the bar pretty darned high for them! Thanks a bunch guys...if you read this. We would never hesitate to recommend you and your lovely home and great cooking! Kathi and Allan

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple