“Had a great ride”

Shenandoah Riding Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Shenandoah Riding Center is a first-rate equine facility with a top caliber staff. Its location in The Galena Territory makes it unrivaled for scenic trails and tranquil beauty. From seasoned equestrians to beginning horse enthusiasts of all ages, we have something to offer for everyone! We are under new management effective January 1st, 2014 so please stop and see us and we will do our best to make your trip an awesome experience!
Reviewed 1 October 2011

My wife and I took the The Shenandoah Trail ride,we both had very limited expierience some 30 years ago.Brittany our guide was very professional and put at ease with her confident demeanor.I rode Colonel and my wife rode Hef our guide spent the 1st part of our right testing our ability level and then made our ride fun without putting over our ability level.We definitely plan on going back.

2  Thank jim s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

This place was disgusting, first of all the place is covered in bird and horse feces, the bathroom was zoo gross i was scared to wash my hands in the sink. Ot took over 30 min to get paired with a horse, the trails were boring with no real sights or views. I will never return. It was not worth the 40 bucks they charge.

1  Thank Lilmama1080
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I went with a group of 6 adults on the territory ride We stood around for about 15 minutes wondering if maybe the wranglers took their lunchbreak. But shortly after that they came out of the back of the corral, picked out a horse for each of us and made sure we were fitted in the saddle properly. They are super strict...I couldn't wear my straw cowboy hat because they didn't want to chance it falling off and spooking the horse behind me. We couldn't bring a water bottle which was attached to our pants belt loop. We couldn't bring a camera because both hands are to hold the reins at all times. (Let me back up a second and tell you that I went horseback riding for an entire weekend in July in Wisconsin. I rode a total of about 8 hours and had all of these items with me during every ride. I told this to the wranglers at Shenandoah but they didn't care, they wanted everything put away) We finally started our ride 30 minutes later than we should have, but it was okay because we just came back 30 minutes later so we didn't lose any riding time. Two girl wranglers were with us. One in the front, the other in the rear or off to the side of our group. They were barking out commands a lot in the beginning like 'Bill catch up' or 'tighten up on your reins Jerry'. About 30 minutes into it I started talking with them (kill 'em w/kindness) and they started to lighten up a bit. I think the girls finally realized we could all handle a horse and lets just ride and have fun. When we returned to the corral they were nice enough to take a group photo with us on our horses still. We gave them a tip and said goodbye. They said we were welcome back anytime because we were easy breezy!!! Thinking back now, I'm sure Shenandoah gets a lot of people that goof-off or say they know how to ride but really don't, so they have to keep on their toes until they get a feel for the riders. All in all, we enjoyed our ride and would go again.

2  Thank GOOFYROSE96
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We wanted to get out and experience the surrounding country side. There is no better way than horseback riding. It was really great experience. My buddy had previous riding experience our guide gave him a seasoned horse and really looked after him. We both enjoyed ourselvers. We would definately do it again.

3  Thank ChicagoInfoquest
Reviewed 14 May 2010

The owners were great and Mary our guide was perfect. I coordinated with everyone to suprise my girlfriend with a proposal. Everything was in place when we arrived and it couldn't have gone better. I have been on many rides before, but I have never had someone give me riding tips like they did. Very professional and informative.

3  Thank jarhead123