“Interesting to see”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had lunch here. I would say it was average. The soup was pretty good. The nachos were okay. It was a big plate and we shared it. Nothing special. There is lots to look at in this place. They have funny posters and silly sayings all over.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I was excited to try Durty Gurt’s with one other adult and 5 kids in tow. It seemed like a fun atmosphere and reviews I read were favorable overall. It was a Thursday night, so maybe that was part of the reason, but despite the fun interior (walls, decor, toilets, etc), the staff attitudes did not match. I don’t know if someone just died or what, but someone should tell them it’s ok to smile. There seemed to be an “up-charge” for everything, including the $0.50 for lettuce my son asked for on his burger. Food was OK, but when I visit a place like Galena, I’m looking for an experience. Durty Gurt’s did not deliver on my expectations.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We were here on Thursday 3/22/18. There were only two other tables in the place. VERY quiet, almost too quiet. Decor is cute.
Our food was good. Our server left a lot to be desired. I almost felt like we were at one of the places in Chicago where the servers are rude on purpose, but no, she was just rude. Staff at our hotel recommended another place but we went off recommendations on this restaurants website.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Holy Buckets the service was awesome, the food was beyond amazing and great size, and the shake type drink was out of this world. Definitely worth going to!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My boyfriend & I stopped in for corned beef & cabbage soup and an Irish boozy shake as an afternoon snack after shopping. Both were delicious!!

Been to Durty Gurt's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK