All reviews fire pit outdoor pool didn't break the bank stay there again the lower level bring earplugs other hotels in the area downtown galena thin walls night's sleep comfortable room great place to stay motorcycle insulation backyard pets laundry
Reviewed 24 September 2018

For the price and the location, this motel was definitely worth it. Nothing negative about this motel. Staff is friendly. Next door to the Distillery which is a plus. Beautiful views in the backyard with a firepit access, great place to enjoy a cigar and a bourbon and have a fire. The rooms were clean and easy parking and access. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter. Beautiful Views in the back. Great Location.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Ramona V, Owner at Grant Hills Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thanks, Mark, for your kind words about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our backyard fire pit which has been quite the hit! It sounds like you were also able to visit Blaum Brothers Distillery which is located right next door to us.

Thank you for spending your night with us! We hope to welcome you back very soon!!!

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Just left yesterday.

We requested a room in the back of the motel and I am glad we did. Big yard to let your dogs do their thing. Nice view also. There is a fire pit back there. If we had had items to make a fire, I would have had one one night.

Motel was pretty clean except my dog found something under the bed. Maybe a big hairball or something. We removed it. I then asked the woman at the desk if they allowed cats because it was something about the size of a small fist. Anyway, she apologized quite a bit and told us we could move to another room. Well, since we had settled in, we said it was okay to stay where we were.

Our room was number 33 and it was right next to the stairs that go up to the pool. The pool was okay but it is not heated. Needs a paint job but it was clean. It was nice to sit out there and read. Water was too cold for me.

It was very quiet in the back. Only one night was there someone else there. This was mid week so I am sure it is different on the weekend. The last night we did hear a "elephant" walking back and forth upstairs until about eleven at night. Then up at seven and I guess gone.

The bed was okay. I thought the pillows were kind of hard but my husband thought they were okay.

I would definitely return to this motel.

Room Tip: The back rooms were quiet from the street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I have the pleasure of staying here nice clean rooms, Friendly people great coffee! And you can bring your dogs if you want! Close to town and lots of entertainment. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank kellyreavley
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Hope all places like this one with one exception. Quiet except for the road traffic. I think could have been stagnant odors coming from the whisky place in close proximity.Otherwise you did well except the smells

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank boylstonman
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

A room with breath taking views, close to everything, clean rooms. Outdoor pool. Friendly people who work here. The price can’t be beat. We came to relax, and shop. And take a peak back in time. We enjoyed every minute of our stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shirleyr277
Ramona V, Owner at Grant Hills Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Shirley - Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay with us. I'm so happy to know that your room met your expectations and hopefully exceeded them. We have a great staff who take personal pride in providing top notch service - in every way! Thank you for sharing your night with us - we sure hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future!