“Average experience.”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Effingham, Illinois
“Average experience.”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed overnight at this property and utilized our Hilton honors points. Our 1st stay and probably not the last, but couldn't rank it higher. The time we stayed the hotel pool was under maintenance. The rooms are dated, with stains on the walls, and ceilings. The A/C only worked in high or off, no middle for maintaining an average. The staff at the front desk were friendly. Although at check in, I did have to wait for about 10 minutes while the clerk was speaking with someone on the phone about their stay and an issue with it. The one thing about this location is it is close to I-64/ US RT 50, with close by shopping and food establishments.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 December 2011

My husband and I are usually big fans of Hampton Inn. Unfortunately, this was our worst experience with one so far. I saw that the reviews were not great, but figured that maybe those people had just had a bad experience. Wrong. I would suggest trying another hotel... there are tons in this area. It's a great area... close to the Interstate, GREAT shopping and restaurants... and overall just a clean and seemingly safe area. The reviews I read criticized the customer service. They were right... The lady who let us in the door at 10 after midnight on Christmas night was RUDE. Flung the door open at us, didn't greet usor even speak to us other than "sign here". Just overall unfriendly demeanor. The lady in the morning was much friendlier. Our room was LOUD! This hotel is close to the Interstate... I've never heard traffic be so loyd in a hotel room! It kept us up all night... and since it was Christmas night therewas very little traffic. Every semi sounded like it was coming through our room! Also, our heater would randomly make a horribly loud rattling nouse that woke us several times in the night. We eventually just had to turn it off. Then every step the people above us took the floor would creek and pop... it was just a VERY loud hotel room. Other than that, as usual with Hamptons, the bed was comfy and it was clean. Just loud!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank jralcorn1979
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn last night and it was TERRIBLE. I always stay at Hampton Inns when I travel and this was by far the worst Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at. It's an older hotel that they TRIED to update to look like the newer Hamptons but... they did a very subpar job "updating" this hotel. First of all, the room was very small. I was supposed to get a King bed but I'm pretty sure it was a full size bed. The bed had to be from 1980 because it was very uncomfortable and hard as a rock. Pretty sure that they picked that mattress up from someone off of Craigslist. The toilet did not flush in my room. The internet "wi-fi" was slower than dial up. The air conditioning unit was VERY loud - probably because it's 20 years old! The hotel is located right on top of I-64 and the road noise from 64 is ridiculous! All I heard all night was the loud AC unit and semi trucks out on 64. The walls are paper thin so I got to hear an interesting conversation between 2 men in the room below me from 1 am - 3 am. Last but not least, the maids started knocking on doors at 7:30am to clean. The breakfast attempts to be the same as the breakfast you get at other Hamptons but the muffins were stale and the best thing was the waffles.

I plan on calling corporate about this hotel and suggesting that they just shut the dang place down! It's a dump!!! P.S. the Fairview Heights area is getting a little scary so don't leave ANYTHING visible in your vehicle!!!

I recommend driving an extra 5-10 minutes down the road to O'Fallon and staying at one of the newer, nicer hotels in O'Fallon or the new Holiday Inn Express they just built in Fairview Heights behind Lotawata Creek restaurant.

I would not recommend this hotel to a homeless person.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Fairview Heights hotels

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 October 2011

This is an older Hampton Inn with very limited parking surrounded by an older commercial area. Breakfast was poor.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
iowa
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We reserved two nights we had to leave unexpectively for a family emergency and we were charged for the second night and they wouldn't refund our money we left before 9 am and was still charged for the night we didn't stay we were told that we would get our money refunded all we had to do was check out and then the money would be put back on my card after 7 10 days and after the 10th day i called and they said we reserved the second night so we were gonna be charged. I was not told that when we left. I will not come to this hotel again I guess i donated 120 dollars to this hotel they dont understand things come up. Worse customer service..

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
1.1 km away
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview H...
#3 of 10 in Fairview Heights
0.7 km away
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
1.2 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights
0.1 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
0.1 km away
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview Heights
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview...
#8 of 10 in Fairview Heights
5.0 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites O'Fallon, IL - St. Louis

Been to Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK