Lowest prices for your stay
$201
$201
Official Site
$178
Hotels.com$201
Travelocity$201
Agoda.com$199
All reviews charming hotel front porch skillet cookie old school charm main elevator visit northwestern great location quiet street front desk college town beautiful neighborhood valet parking corner king modern conveniences two blocks whole foods college vibe
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2022

This hotel is full of character. The staff provided a warm welcome and were helpful throughout. Our room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The Graduate is within walking distance to the Campus, the lake and all the Main Street amenities. It is located on a lovely residential street which is peaceful yet so close to all the action. It really was a perfect spot for us.

Reviewed 20 June 2022

Only complaint is that their excellent restaurant is closed for hours at a time at different points of the day. Loads of study surface in my bedroom. Views of the water. It's easy to come here and stay a while. The deco makes the space feel super loved in and homey.

Reviewed 16 June 2022 via mobile

Charming boutique hotel, super convenient to Northwestern University, very nice staff (especially when they helped me store a lot of luggage after checkout).

But my room was not very clean (the bathroom floor in particular looked dusty). And one of the two elevators accessible to guests was out of service during our stay — which I found completely unacceptable, particularly graduation weekend when lots of people of all ages with lots of luggage were staying at the hotel. I get that this is a renovated hotel and the decor is part of the charm, but in this day and age you need a working elevator.

An OK place to stay if you have minimal luggage and can navigate flights stairs when the elevator inevitably breaks down.

Room tip: Travel light and request a room on a low floor
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2022

1. The check-in staff on Sunday afternoon (6/5/2022) was rude and impatient. Did not provide relevant information to me (e.g., breakfast time, cleaning) but did so for other guests. (The staff on the following Monday and Tuesday were much nicer and provided me with helpful information though).
2. The toilet in my hotel room was dirty with red and brown stain when I first check-in. There is no information about how to contact the front desk in the room. Upon guessing, I was able to call front desk and they said they will send someone to clean it immediately. However, no one came to my room for another 20mins.
3. The cleaning staff knocked but barged into the room without telling me who they are or waiting for me to answer the door. They said it's due to some miscommunication with front desk.
4. The hotel staff insisted that breakfast was not included and would charge us for the cost even though our event organizer from Northwestern has told us that breakfast will be provided. Turns out it's another communication problem. Breakfast was provided for the next few days but options were minimal.
5. I scheduled for cleaning on the 3rd day at 4:30PM and told the staff to please not disturb before 4:30PM because I had an important meeting before 4:30PM but the staff knocked and tried to come in at around 2PM.
6. During check-out on 6/10/2022, the staff was rude again and said "So you people just check-out whenever you want?" because the guest before me did not check out on time and they thought I have the same issue.
7. The hotel elevator was inaccessible, with several steps that one has to go over before getting to the elevator and no staff are there to offer any help.
8. Some basic amenities like microwave and ventilation in bathroom are missing in my hotel room. You have to pay $5 for the bottle of water in the room.
7. In general, the hotel seems very unstaffed, unorganized, and unhelpful to guests. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I have high expectation for the Graduate brand but this experience ruined it.

Reviewed 27 May 2022

On check in my room literally had trash on the floor (wrapper, plastic cup, cap, etc.) there was hair in and round the sink, and the carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed. Bed was comfortable and linens were nice. The living space had twice as much furniture as needed, which made it difficult to move around.

Date of stay: May 2022