“Local coffee shop with local flavor”
Review of Unicorn Cafe

Unicorn Cafe
Ranked #6 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Evanston
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Unique local vibe here at the Unicorn Cafe, I want to really like this place. It's a cool mix of students, business people, soccer moms and retirees. However, they have bizarre hours on when they are open and the service, albeit, friendly, is always a little off.

Good food, locally produced, nice little space. Needs more outlets for the laptop working crowd

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Beautiful crema, wonderful production throughout. Blueberry scone was excellent. Owner had way way way way too much energy - I do wish she could have dialled it back a bit for our very quiet, tired party of three. Lots of seating, much better espresso drinks available here than across the street.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

This is a great little coffee shop with great food and service. Jessica, the new owner is wonderful.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Lukewarm staff and takes cash only. Horrible for tablets and laptops with few outlets to power up. there are nicer cafes nearby.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Well, I must say I am extremely put off and disappointed in Unicorn Cafe.

This is a pity because I was just getting comfortable there too with its mediocre ambiance and so so staff.

I am an NU grad student who was going to Unicorn Cafe on and off for the last few months. I am a very very generous tipper and student and the Owner knows this very well. However, one day last week I purchased a cup of coffee and sat down to enjoy it at my table inside Unicorn Cafe. After my first sip, I noticed it was rather cold. So I returned to her at the cash register to ask her to warm it up. She curtly told me I would have to buy another coffee at the refill price.

I was stunned and at first I thought she must be kidding. I realized she wasn't when she repeated it to me again more loudly. I then told her I did not want to waste my coffee but only wanted it warmed up. She then did so reluctantly and with great bother.

Needless to say, I will NOT be returning to Cafe Mozart and neither will my family and friends. To bite the hand that feeds you is beyond me and there are so many nicer, kinder and, gentler cafes in Evanston.

Avoid Unicorn Cafe at all cost.

2  Thank wendy t