“Not Worth It - Unicorn Cafe”
Review of Unicorn Cafe

Unicorn Cafe
Ranked #12 of 18 Coffee & Tea in Evanston
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Lukewarm staff and takes cash only. Horrible for tablets and laptops with few outlets to power up. there are nicer cafes nearby.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Well, I must say I am extremely put off and disappointed in Unicorn Cafe.

This is a pity because I was just getting comfortable there too with its mediocre ambiance and so so staff.

I am an NU grad student who was going to Unicorn Cafe on and off for the last few months. I am a very very generous tipper and student and the Owner knows this very well. However, one day last week I purchased a cup of coffee and sat down to enjoy it at my table inside Unicorn Cafe. After my first sip, I noticed it was rather cold. So I returned to her at the cash register to ask her to warm it up. She curtly told me I would have to buy another coffee at the refill price.

I was stunned and at first I thought she must be kidding. I realized she wasn't when she repeated it to me again more loudly. I then told her I did not want to waste my coffee but only wanted it warmed up. She then did so reluctantly and with great bother.

Needless to say, I will NOT be returning to Cafe Mozart and neither will my family and friends. To bite the hand that feeds you is beyond me and there are so many nicer, kinder and, gentler cafes in Evanston.

Avoid Unicorn Cafe at all cost.

1  Thank wendy t
Reviewed 27 January 2016

Great coffee, delicious baked goods. Full of the campus crowd, there was even someone conducting an interview next to us on one of our visits (we went both mornings that we were in town). Very friendly service. Nice café tables and chairs. When I remarked how delicious a fruit and nut scone was, the server behind the counter thanked me -- she'd been up early baking them herself. Nearly across the street from Starbucks - go here instead. If I recall correctly, it may be a cash business.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

Unicorn cafe is a typical cosy sidewalk cafe with outside tables and people sitting working on their laptops. The coffee is freshly ground and the variety is good.

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

This was a great stop after the farmers market. The food was fresh and the sandwiches are a delightful blend. It is definitely a college hangout which my daughter thought was cool. Make sure you bring your debit card or cash. I thought for a cafe it was a bit pricey but then again you pay for good food.

Been to Unicorn Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK