“Island of calm near the busiest intersection”

Mack's Golden Pheasant
Ranked #5 of 163 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Great food and a wonderful garden view. Very relaxing. The food is excellent and not too pricey. One of our favorites for a quiet night out.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

A group of us stopped after a funeral. Some had great food, others, not so much. Pork Tenderloin was the thinnest I've ever seen; glad I didn't order it. They only had 1 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. Got slapped with a 20% gratuity. Sorry, but it wasn't 20% gratuity service. If it was 15%, that wouldn't have been as painful.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Been going here for years, great place! Get plenty of food for a great price! Daily specials are excellent!!

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

With most of the family celebrating their birthday's in the same week, we spent the weekend together eating together! Since we never have been here we agreed it was a great reason to give it a try . . .any restaurant that has been in business that long must be doing something right !

The menu is extensive. If you come here bring a BIG APPETITE, or plan on going home with a doggie box. I had the chicken fettuccini with chicken breast (huge) and it was delicious. Served with baked onion soup and salad with homemade blue cheese dressing was delicious. My husband had the shrimp basket, nice size shrimp with a panko crust, on a bed of rice. Also served with soup and salad.
The ribs were also plentiful and GONE IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE. They are famous for their homemade dumplings and sausage with sauerkraut, this too was a great dish that came home for another round! After dinner we stepped on the patio to stretch , and had unexpected guests to entertain us. A mother raccoon and his babies were playing for us. Unfortunately , those pictures were too dark to post. Service was good , ac cold on feet. We would definitely be back for sure.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel across the street so I tried it. It claims to be Bohemian which is probably accurate as it is not really German. The menu is extensive and the portions are gigantic (and I mean gigantic). I ordered the baby pork loin and customized the sides (mashed potatoes and red cabbage). The waitress did not ask if I wanted the small or large so I assumed it was the large. When the bill came, it was the "small". I had just worked out for an hour and was starved and I ate about 1/4 of the meal. The entrees come with soup, salad and a loaf of bread. It is definitely the place to go when on a diet. The service was very friendly and attentive. The dining room ambiance was very cozy with a large stone fireplace in the middle with a German/Austrian feel. There wasn't anything gourmet about the meal but it was very good food and an excellent value and dining experience. You can't go wrong here!