“Changed their name”
Review of Broken Yolk

Broken Yolk
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Elizabeth
Cuisines: American
Description: Great little breakfast (and lunch) place. Terrific food and friendly service.
Reviewed 9 September 2016

The Broken Yoke ......has changed their name to.......The Local Yokel...has good food . Never had a bad meal.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Food was great. Very unique interior.
Friendly staff and great to talk to.
Coffee was fresh and just off 20 making it a great little stop.

Not much of a booze collection. But did have a drink.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

We have gone to this restaurant for several years for breakfast after church. In the last year their venting system has gone from bad to worse and all 6 of us have decided the food is not worth your clothing smelling and our lungs burning. Too bad ! Their food was pretty good.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

First of all, the place was just plain hot and muggy inside. On an 82° day, it was cooler outside than inside. Secondly, one waitress, waiting on 5 out of 12 tables, served a table that walked in about 10 minutes after we had sat down. In the meantime, we hadn't so much as received a menu or had been offered even a glass of water. Only after the table I mentioned received water and menus, and two other tables had received their food, did a gentleman that I assume to be the manager, notice I was making direct eye contact with him, call out to the waitress to ask if we had been attended to. After 17 minutes of waiting, and just about 3 seconds before deciding to get up and walk out, did he come get our drink order. By the way, the 1 drink tasted flat, so we changed that drink to a Coke. Still no menus. About 4 minutes later did she finally come to our table to give us our menus. I'd say about 8 minutes passed by, did she finally come back to take our orders. 2 of the 6 in our party decided to try the buffet. Although what food was there, they said was pretty good, but no where enough food to feed 6 people. By the time the 2 were finishing up their meal, did 1 of us receive his breakfast sandwich, incidentally, said it was phenomenal. About 7 or 8 minutes passed when I hear a plate fall and break in the kitchen, when I exclaimed to my friends, I bet you that was my plate of food that was dropped, and that if I had to wait another 3 seconds more, I'd pay for the 2 sodas and leave, when I noticed her walking toward our table with our food. I assume it was one of our plates, because she called out to the kitchen a few times for my side of hash browns, again, waiting to eat without my entire meal at my table. My daughter and I scarfed up our food only out of hunger, as I didn't care for the amount of grease that dripped from my plate of hashbrowns, but I was very hungry, so I had no choice. My daughter finished her plate, but exclaimed about 20 minutes later the food didn't agree with her. I was in agreement. Needless to say, I will never go back, nor would I recommend anyone to either. Incidentally, we had been referred to go to Charlie's, about 4 miles from where we stayed, and I regret not going. Sorry, but I would have rated it "0" stars, if I had the option to do so.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

In town for the weekend with a friend and drove by the broken yolk on our way to the chesnut mountain. I have been coming up to this area for vacation for 20 years now and this was my first time eating at the diner. Definitely will be returning the service was phenomenal. What I believe was the owner was also our waiter he was tremendous. And the food was delicious of course.