Lowest prices for your stay
$100
View deal
$100
View deal
Hampton$100
Hotels.com$100
Traveluro$105
All reviews room was clean complimentary breakfast business center chicago il accommodations funeral highway chain
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2020 via mobile

The hotel itself was very good and I had a lovely stay. The room was warm and comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning each day. Breakfast was incredible and Lisa was such a delight in the mornings. I was very pleased with how happy the different overnight staff, Amie and Hunter, were to help me in the middle of the night. I could never expect a graveyard shift employee to be so lively, but they both proved me wrong each night that I had called down with requests.
The only problem I saw was the way Joslyn acted in front of guests when she worked during the evenings. She referred to herself as the manager upon check-in, which seemed strange the way she presented herself. I came down to get some tea before bed one night, to a messy coffee area. I saw a good four or five other guests hanging out in the lobby, relaxing and watching tv. To my surprise, I heard Joslyn shouting “I’m drunk!” from the front desk. I’m not sure who she was trying to tell, but she made sure the entire lobby could hear her. She then continued to speak very loudly about hanging out with some of the guests upstairs during her shift that night. I’m not sure if that kind of behavior is tolerated here, but I’m quite shocked that someone like that is allowed to work alone and represent the brand. Incredibly childish and loud, with no filter or regard for others.
I’d really like to stay here again, but I hope to not see a child running the front desk again. I’d love to see more staff like the ones I mentioned before Joslyn. They really made my stay feel like home!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mcarr71
Reviewed 5 February 2020

I have always checked in online and been welcomed by Joclyn at the Front Desk. She displays a great attitude. She's friendly and helpful. She has never missed welcoming me as a Diamond Member in Hilton Hhonors. This place is easy to get to from where I work and an easy commute without getting on I-90 just using well-maintained back roads. There are several restaurants around from casual dining to fast food.

Room tip: Rooms on the North side are away from any major highways. Corner rooms are a little more spacious if needed.
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Gdad66
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

This hotel is almost finished with a remodel and when it is, it will be a great gem. Rooms are comfortable and they were great at taking care of the snow removal while I stayed there. Also - I need to note, Lisa who takes care of the breakfast is wonderful. She is so friendly and gracious. And I appreciate all of the healthy breakfast options! The front desk staff were all lovely people as well. I’ll be back for sure!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 503loril
Reviewed 11 January 2020

I arrived after midnight without a reservation. The clerk at the time was not familiar with my company's credit card but instead of turning me away she assumed me that her manager in the morning would be able to process things without a problem. She checked me in and upon checking out her manager had everything ready to process. Great teamwork! I love Hampton inns and all Hilton hotels. Great customer service every time.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank jdreiss66535
Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

ive never written a review about a place before but my husband and i felt like i should. the hotel itself is okay. clean, cozy, typical hampton inn. most of the staff has been friendly for our stay. the reason for this review is because of the girl at the counter tonight. my husband and i walked in from being out all day and we were greeted by a young looking girl who smelled like she got sprayed by a skunk or was smoking marijuana. she proceeds to gossip to us about previous guests. apparently someone overdosed here tonight and it was her business to shout out to everyone in the lobby area? furthermore, she decided to talk about having “fun” with some of the male guests in their rooms when she’s working alone, then goes to talk to my husband about her boyfriend! ridiculous, inappropriate and all around gross. her name was josie or jocelyn or something like that. the male who took her place apologized to us when her shift ended and was very sweet. to the manager, take out the trash within your staff.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GregBak2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin / I-90, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2020

Thank you very much for bringing this to the attention of management. We will take immediate action to address this with all of our staff. Please accept my apologies for such a disappointing encounter.