“Good hotel, reasonable rates.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Sherwood, Wisconsin
“Good hotel, reasonable rates.”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Hotel is well maintained, the pool is great and everything works fine. There is a little highway noise but not objectionable. It is across the Interstate from most of the nearby restaurants so you can't park your car and walk as you can from the hotels on the other side of the highway. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mt Vernon, IL
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My biggest issue: For a hotel that is supposedly non-smoking, the side foyer entrances were always a cloud of smoke and made me gag when I walked in. What happened to the 15' rule?

I felt crowded as soon as I walked in the door. The main desk and eating area are crammed into a tiny spot by the front door. Next to that is the pool. Didn't go in the pool because I didn't want people to be sitting there watching TV or eating while I am swimming. Actually, in the 4 days I was there, I never saw anyone go in the pool.

The morning person always seemed busy - checking people in while refilling the milk and cereal in the breakfast nook. The breakfast was okay, just don't come hungry. I won't even talk about the dried out breads and pasteries or mushy bananas.

My bed was bigger then my bathroom though. I either hit my knees or elbows on the door when I was going to shower or use the john. The carpet was worn down so badly, I didn't know there was a pattern to it. I could hear the ceiling creak as the people above me were walking around. Was worried they would drop in.

The night deck person at the front desk was always nice. As for the room, I had lots of space. The internet connection was stable and pretty fast. Which is good because I watched streaming movies. TV was good quality. I was happy to see a fridge show up in my room suddenly on the last day. The bed was nice and comfortable. The AC/Heater worked good. Plenty of drawers to put stuff. The cleaning staff was very thorough and punctual.

For a meager $65/night....I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: South side rooms were away from the interstate. Walls seemed to be pretty thick.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Hot Springs Village, AR
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed here as a stopover on our way to Chicago. What a mistake. The toilet would not flush in our room, so the guy at the front desk got his trusty plunger and got it to flush. We left for dinner, came back, and it would not flush again. This time his trusty plunger did not get the job done. He left, saying he was going to call his manager and would be right back. It was time to go to bed and we were tired. After about 30 minutes I went to the front desk to see what was goiing on. Our friend was sitting in front of his computer, playing games and had obviously forgotten about us. When I spoke to him, he was totally flustered and started saying how he had called his manager and could not get him. And said that he had NOT told us he would be back and that he DID get the toilet to flush. I went back to our room just to check....no flush, had not flushed and I don't think would flush without some professional help!! He then offered to move us to another room, which we did without any help from him. Manager the next morning was basically inept, too. Breakfast was terrible, most things gone and it was fairly early. Manager did not make any attempt to replenish, but upon checking out saw that he did eventually replenish now that most folks were leaving. Maybe he gets to take home the leftovers??? We did get money off our room after asking. But I would never stay here again and would advise anyone else who wants good service to stay away, too!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Auntjam
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 3 September 2011

For the price, this place is fantastic! Its not fancy, but its clean, feels safe and was a welcome break from 12 hours on the road. The pool is fantastic. Sadly the hot tub was inoperable, BUT they had a sauna so my boys could still warm up after swimming. Breakfast was good and included waffles (BOTH regular and a strawberry mix, which I had never seen before), the requisite biscuits and gravy, cold pastries and so on. It certainly wasn't a fancy hotel, but for goodness sakes, I don't think you could do better for the price. I would definitely book here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alethalsin
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I would stay again. Beds were comfy. Breakfast was great. Best was the staff both at checkin and breakfast. Good value.

• Stayed July 2011