New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Dubuque
Frankfort, Illinois
“How hard is it?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We received a room that had never been cleaned!! Yikes...is it that hard to keep track of that kind of thing?? Otherwise the new room was acceptable, the $100 I thought was steep, the continental breakfast was adequate. I expected to be given a free night stay with such a mistake...no such luck. Will not return.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

My father in law who is confined to a wheel chair wanted to stay at Timmerman's We had lived in the area previously but never had the chance to stay at the hotel. He had requested a handicap accessible room since he would be needing one. Come to find out even the room he got was listed as handicap accessible it was far from it. Upon arriving he could barely navigate around the room in his wheelchair. But most disappointing was the fact that the bathroom was NO WAY accessible to him. Even though the shower had bars and the toilet did there was NO WAY he was able to manuver his wheelchair into it to use the facilities. So for the two days he was there he was unable to shower. Slapping a few bars around the tub and toilet does not make a room handicap accessible. At one time this place ( so I am told) was a great place to stay, Not any longer. My father in law had to cut his trip short even though he had come back to see his grand daughter's wedding. He had traveled from Pine Ridge Reservation Just south of Rapid City, SD. I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
JPatel-08, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
We are really sorry about your experience at our hotel. i personally took your reservation at the hotel and i had specifically mentioned about the layout of the room and bathroom in the handicap room. i had also stated that there is no roll-in shower. it is tub shower. at that time you had mentioned that he can at least get up from chair and use the grab bars. we were not aware of his condition since we had not seen him. also neither did you mention anything about this while you were here. when you checked out you had stated you had to go back early because you take care of 1000 of acres ranch and you have to sign some papers etc. there was no mention of leaving because of discomfort because of your stay. again we are very sorry that we not able to please you for your stay this time. call us we can definitely make it right for you. thank you.

Travellers are raving about these East Dubuque hotels

Clarion, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

I can't believe the extreme negative views some people have posted. I was attending a convention in Dubuque and registered l latex so the convention hotel was booked. They quoted a rate of $120 a night. Through Expedia I got a room at timmermans for $45.00.
My room was super quiet, very very clean. Sure the hall carpet was not new, but I don't expect new. The breakfast was adequate with self made waffles, muffins, cold cereal, milk, coffee and OJ. I would clearly stay there again for that price. The person who complained about a higher price during a tradeshow in Dyersvile, just didn't plan ahead, and it is common practice during large events to raise the price, and to give larger discounts for advance bookings. I have seen some motels nearly cut the weekend price in half if they cater to business travelers during the week.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Peosta, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

So I have been reading the other reviews and I didn't experience any of the cons that they've listed.
We stayed on a Saturday night and paid a total of $66 for the stay. (We had booked about 3 weeks in advance)
The room was neat and clean. Yes, it's not a new hotel but you can tell they try to keep it looking good with new linens, furniture, and painting.
We didn't try the breakfast that was included with our stay, but when checking out it sure smelled good!
The pool was tidy and well kept--
I live in the area and know that they have gone thru and ownership change--I am not sure when, but I would have to say that I did not see any cons about this hotel myself for the price we paid.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LadyLou1019
Dubuque, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

My husband and I make it a yearly tradition to take our son who is 9 to a hotel for an overnight stay and swim for his birthday. This year we chose Timmerman's! I wish i would have read reviews first before booking there! First of all we found a disgusting box of old pizza in the desk drawer. Then we went to dinner upon returning we took our son down to the pool to swim. There were at least 25 teenagers there for a birthday party! Eating pizza in the hot tub, loud crude music playing, food and drinks in the pool cussing! running in and out from the outdoors throwing snow around, taking things off the walls and throwing them around the room! NO LIFEGUARD anywhere! no adult supervision!! WE complained and all we got back was half of what whe paid and we left! disgusting place!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3.7 km away
Days Inn Dubuque
Days Inn Dubuque
#16 of 17 in Dubuque

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK