All reviews double tree cookies executive floor living room breakfast was included great place to stay the hotel staff conference center easy access business trip business traveler would definitely stay here again enjoyed my stay very nice hotel shuttle service lobby area atrium
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

I love this hotel! It's very convenient to restaurants and shopping. My room was clean and comfortable. I was in town for my nephew's funeral and I greatly appreciated the friendly staff. This was my second stay at this hotel and I will certainly come back.

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed 26 May 2015

This hotel was very sub-par for the price. On Saturday afternoon and evening, they had a loud, private wedding and reception in the main lobby that all of the rooms face. Not a lot of class or offerings compared to your standard Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2015

Dear IronButterfly2014, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you like the Embassy Suites concept, it is part of our Hilton Family of Brands and offers a great value in any city. We were also disappointed to hear that your experience was not as good at our hotel. Of course we are not an Embassy and do not offer free breakfast and cocktails. We do offer rates and packages that can include those items. As for the reception in the main lobby, we do rent that space out for events, but we are very strict about the start and end times for those events so that we are not disturbing our guests after 10pm or before 10am. We are sorry if you were inconvenienced. We wish you safe travels and a great summer!

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Everything about the property was great, we have no complaints. Check in was a breeze and the room was big and clean. I would suggest 4th floor or above because breakfast is in the center courtyard and all doors open to the courtyard. It gets a bit noisy in the morning during breakfast. No charge for parking! I recommend the property for any stay!

Room Tip: 4th floor or higher.....avoid the second floor by all means possible. Noisy breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

We are here on our last day and have stayed here as part of a wedding group. The hotel is beautiful and location is good for our plans. However, we find most of the staff rude or lacking training. When we checked in, the front desk not as friendly and welcoming as you would expect. We have traveled around the world and even in our part of the world, we would spend weekends in hotels at different locations for a mini getaway so we have our "standard"expectations. We have also been generous with our previous reviews when we travel but if something is not to our liking, we would also be honest about it. During the wedding reception, the servers were sloppy and somewhat irritated when our table asked for additional butter. They served meals sloppily that you will even see better service at a strip mall restaurant. On our last day, housekeeping knocked to clean our room before 8 AM!!! The staff at breakfast area was rude as well. since my husband cannot carry everything, he was back & forth at the table and the staff told him he had to give him a ticket everytime he comes back! It's a breakfast buffet and he already gave the ticket before he got the meal then if he wants to come back, the staff treated him like he's stealing more food.
We hope never again to stay here. My parents moved to a different hotel closer to ORD airport for their last night. We helped them check-in yesterday and my other family members helped them today. They also had free breakfast there but the service is like night and day.
Good location, decent hotel, poorly trained and rude staff. We would look elsewhere next time we're in the area

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Z88Florida
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2015

Dear JaneZ88Florida,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

I stayed at this hotel for work and overall, it was a good stay. The room was very spacious. There was a TV in the office/living room area and in the bedroom. Housekeeping service was great and was generous with my request for extra lotion. The only strange thing was that the room's safety box was locked when I was there. I wanted to keep some stuff there but I was too lazy to ask. The shower feels a little outdated but not really something to complain about. For a quick business trip, this was decent and good.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business