All reviews living area french doors indoor outdoor pool pocket door cardio equipment nice buffet sitting room business trip bed was very comfortable booked rooms off the highway nice size shopping and restaurants very nice hotel would definitely stay here again business hotel comfortable stay
Reviewed 6 November 2018

My wife and I have stayed at this property many times, and have always enjoyed our stay. The rooms are bigger than most hotels and we like that each comes with a refrigerator and microwave. The pool and gym areas are more than adequate. The breakfast at the restaurant is always high quality, and the breakfast buffet is a great value. They always have free coffee in the lobby in the mornings as well. On our most recent stay, the staff went out of their way to upgrade us to the Pierce Downer Suite, which was a very nice touch. With two young children, we really appreciated the extra space. One of our favorite places to stay in the suburbs, and one that we will definitely return to.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Stayed two nights in the downers Grove area and this was an excellent find. Hotel is close to shopping and restaurants so there is plenty to do. Price was great for a Chicago hotel and the suite was very roomy. Service from staff and rooms were wonderful. Will definitely go back.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2018

I stayed at the Marriott Downers Grove a couple of weeks ago as it is close to our Chicago office. Upon entering the lobby I was hit with the scent that the hotel uses. I have to say, they are over scenting the lobby to the point it made me sick and as a migraine sufferer, I would not use this hotel in the future.

I quickly checked in and took off to my room. The scent wasn't on other floors which was great & the suite was a great size and very clean. My coworkers usually rave about the comfort of the beds at this hotel and I must agree, I've never slept better.

The next morning, I ate breakfast in the restaurant which was average and very quick service which I appreciate as I wanted to get to the office as soon as possible.

It's a shame the lobby smells so poorly as I would absolutely visit this hotel again but with the smell, I wouldn't want to risk a migraine while on a business trip.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
John L, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Jenna B

Thank you for your review and for your positive comments. I sincerely apologize that our brand scent made you ill. All our hotels per our corporate guidelines infuse a special scent into our hotels. I will most certainly check the machine that offers the scent and make sure that it is set up properly and it not overwhelming. By your comments it looks as if you will not stay with us again, but if in fact you do change your mind I would be happy to stop the scent the days that you are with us.

Thanks for staying with us, thanks for the comments, and my apologies.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a night as we were spending two days at the Brookfield Zoo. We were simply using it as a night away from home. We are becoming huge fans of Marriott and it’s becoming the first hotel we look for when booking a trip or an overnight stay.

The hotel was clean and convenient. The staff was friendly, chatty and professional. John at the front desk checked us in and was very helpful. All staff we bumped into or talked too were wonderful, always asking if we needed anything.

Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Our beds and pillows were comfortable as well. Before bed we noticed the coffee and tea box needed to be refilled. We texted the desk through the Marriott app and our coffee and cups were brought up within 15 minutes. Fridge was a nice size with a small freezer too, and the cabinet under the microwave and coffee pot helped stow away our cooler. Kids had their own TV which they enjoyed and the doors separating us from them was nice for all of us!

Breakfast buffet was delicious. Omelettes and waffles were made fresh and everything else was great. Restaurant staff again was friendly and chatty. Julia our server was attentive and engaged in conversation with us and our children about our stay at the hotel.

Our only downside, and that may not even be the right word, was the pool. When we do our research pools are a big thing we look for. Because of our kids ages (9 and 6), the pool is huge. This property has a smaller, typical indoor pool however it attaches to a much larger outdoor pool. The outdoor pool was already closed for the season. If it was on the website we missed it. However we called earlier in the week to see if the outdoor pool was heated and the desk said it was. Thus we assumed it was still open and when we arrived it wasn’t. No big deal, miscommunication on both sides and a wrong assumption on our part. This doesn’t downplay the property, just doesn’t make it a pool destination for us other than the summer. Our rating would have been a 4.5 do to this, but it’s either a 4 or 5!

Great stay overall, we’ll be back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is just lacking in so much I don’t know where to start. It’s going to sound picky, but these things stood out to me, and if you’re choosing between hotels, it might make a difference.

The positives: There is an indoor pool and workout room - which got high marks. We appreciated that the cardio was separated from the rest of the machines. And overall the hotel is clean and recently remodeled. The staff is friendly and when we requested extra pillows they were delivered within 10 minutes. (Thank you)

The Room is a suite with a pull out sofa bed, in a separate room with French doors, which was nice. 2 TVs. Refrigerator and microwave

The negatives:
The Pull out was very uncomfortable (compared to other hotels). Limited towel supply in room and only one bar of soap for both the sink and the shower.

The in-room coffee was lacking - 3 coffee pods but only 2 cups and 2 creamers. This always amazes me. There is no complimentary coffee in the lobby, which I find unacceptable! They do provide it for business travelers Monday thru Friday, so I had to go searching for “take out” coffee at the restaurant, which didn’t open until 7am. There is no Starbucks or anything like it, in walking distance. I’m sorry to sound so picky about coffee but, hey, it’s important to me!!

The bedroom does have a sliding door that led to a little mock balcony. The door only opens about 12 inches, and there was a broken beer bottle out there. Wooden handle on the door was broken.

The lighting in the bathroom is super bright - too bright! And there is only one switch for all the lighting and fan so there was no was to adjust the lighting or turn on only one, dimmer light.

No free waters for SPG. No mini bar. No robes. No slippers. No in-room safe (which I find crazy being outside of Chicago!)
There are not enough outlets throughout the room, which makes me think this building is pretty old. No lounge for SPG members and in fact, they really don’t do much of anything for SPG members to make you feel special.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
John L, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thank you so much for staying for us, and for your review. Thank you for sharing the positive comments and also the negative. We will most certainly use your constructive criticism to better out our hotel.

Thank you for your loyalty and for staying with us.