“Authentic Korean BBq”

New Seoul Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 194 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 5 December 2017

This is a family run restaurant and its authentic. My friend I hadn't tried Korean BBQ, and I couldn't let this stand. This place was a good find. We were the only ones there, and we weren't disappointed. They have a decent selection, and our server was extremely nice and helpful. I would go again, if I visit Chicago again.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Great place for home style Korean food! We came for lunch on Tuesday and it was so good! We finished everything within 30 minutes.
They have a very good lunch menu with good portions and selections. Highly recommended it if you are in the area.
Dol sol bim bin baq was very good with fresh veggies and nice size bowl.
Bulgugi was well done with mixed veggies which you don't see a lot in other places.
We ordered seafood pancake to share and it was one of the best! Not too greasy, not starchy. It's packed with fresh veggies and seafood.
I can't wait to come back for a real BBQ dinner.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

The restaurant is not fancy, but family run and authentic.

We had the beef ribs, lots of kim chi, pickles and chilled beer.

Service was fast, but we were tucked away behind a screen in a semi private room, so it wasn't always easy to attract attention if you wanted more of anything.

Dinner came to about $60 for two and we were satisfied with the quantity and quality.

There is plenty of parking in front of the restaurant, but access is quite difficult owing to road upgrades that are ongoing.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Hidden gem! Was a little apprehensive when we arrived, we were the only patrons at 6:30p. But what a surprise! Customers, mostly Korean, started to arrive. The food was absolutely delicious! We ordered Kalbi BBQ and the hot coal pot really adds to the flavors! Moondu (Korean Dumplings), dol sot bibam pap (hot pot rice bowls with mixed vegetables) and soon do tofu chigae were just like my mom used to make. The side dishes were a great mix and fresh. The one and only very very small disappointment was the Kimchi was served a little on the sour side. It's actually the way kimchi is made to be eaten but my son prefers the fresher, less fermented version as do I. Would have lunch and dinner there everyday for our trip.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

We are visiting family in Chicago and wanted my family to experience the flavors of Korean food. This place surpassed my expectations. It had all the real spices and taste of authentic Korean food.