“More Than Sushi”

Dao Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 71 Restaurants in Deerfield
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant name might lead you to think that it is only a sushi restaurant. That would be incorrect. They do have sushi. And sashimi. And a good selection of rolls. They also have some excellent Thai curries, a variety of Chinese entrees (try the beef with black bean sauce), udon, soba, and ramen. And the food quality overall is excellent.

Decor is very nice and the atmosphere is quiet.

Service is excellent and the people are very friendly.

Dao Sushi is definitely a place worth visiting - and then re-visiting.

The location is in a strip mall with plenty of parking.

Recommended.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Food and presentarion were good, nice atmosphere, and the staff was great. I would recommend Dao for date night, girls night, etc. It is a good place.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I got caught by the rain so I entered into this place. Wakame salad was terrible, it was just a cucumber salad with a little of not too good wakame.

Soup was definitely a can soup with some chopped vegetables inside and 3 shrimps.

Tuna maki was good and very pretty served. I should have gone to the sushi directly! Service was fast and good also.

However if I have to choose I would go somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I thought that the food was just mediocre. I left the restaurant feeling hungrier than when I entered.

The service was prompt and efficient. Our waitress was quite friendly.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

two of us for dinner. chicken egg roll with tasty sauce was yummy. Mint tea was bland. I prefer a black tea that has flavor. Lobster maki was delicious, as was the beef with onions and peppers. Service on the slow side, but it worked this evening as we were not in a hurry to eat and run.