“Great hotel, would recommend”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife and I planned a weekend visit with some friends in Champaign followed by visiting family in Indianapolis. I chose this Holiday Inn Express due to its location in between and I'm very happy with my stay there!

We arrived early - shortly after checkout time - and I really wanted to get into the room and drop our stuff off before heading out to meet our friends. Our room was not yet ready, but the front desk staff was very accommodating and even upgraded us to a suite that was available so we could be on our way. I'm very appreciative of their help!

The room was clean and spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Everything we used seemed to be in good working order. The area is very quiet, despite being so close to I-70. There's not much in the area - it appears to be mostly industrial - so there aren't many restaurant choices. I saw one diner and one convenience store. Breakfast was standard fare - bacon, sausage, biscuits, omelettes, cereals.

One thing to keep in mind: This hotel is literally just a few hundred yards on the Illinois side of the Illinois/Indiana state line, which also happens to be the line between Central Time and Eastern Time. I live on central time and this hotel is technically in central as well, but our phones shifted to eastern without us knowing it. Caused us a little temporary confusion when we were setting our alarm and making our plans, but we figured it out. Just be aware.

Would definitely stay here again if in the area and would recommend it to others!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
P B P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

KBrew: on behalf of my team, thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Danville, Illinois. We value your business and your thoughts concerning our hotel. So very pleased your check in experience was handled in a convenient and professional manner and that our team was able to not only check you in early but provide a spacious, clean, upgraded accommodation. Next time your visiting in Indianapolis we look forward to once again serving you! - Matt Groppi - General Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2017

If you've been to Danville, you know the town is not known for its hotels. On my last two stops in Danville, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I wasn't expecting much out of a small town hotel but the Holiday Inn Express Danville and its staff surprised me with its updated rooms, cleanliness and big smiles (and let's not forget the hot breakfast!). Catherine at the front desk was extremely helpful with my requests. She was always available to help and always with a smile. The room and breakfast staff was quick to clean the room and to replenish the breakfast buffet. If ever in Danville and surroundings again, I'll definitely stay with them. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017
P B P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Charlie: your recent stays are very much appreciated. Our hotel was renovated only two years ago; so very pleased it met your approval! Thank you for recognizing our team of hard workers, from Catherine at the front desk to our housekeepers who provided you a clean room and our breakfast persons, who kept your breakfast hot and the buffet line clean and stocked. It was our pleasure to serve you. Please come and see us again! In hospitality - Matt Groppi - General Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Our late, late check-in was no problem at all. The night clerk was very gracious and accommodating. The room was very clean and quiet, and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. The breakfast was better than average. The hotel staff were all very friendly and willing to help with anything we needed. The only problem we experienced was not being able to find a front desk person when we checked out. We ended up giving the room key to the kitchen staff as no one could find the front desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
P B P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for being our guest at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Danville, Illinois. We very much appreciate the wonderful review. Our team strives to exceed your expectations. I apologize that our Guest Services Representative was not at the desk when you checked out. Perhaps they were engaged in another task with a guest, at the time, and had to momentarily leave the desk area? Safe travels to you on your trip across the country. - Matt Groppi - General Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2017

My room was perfect--great bed, nice fridge and microwave, and plenty of towels in the bathroom. Staff was friendly and helpful. I don't know what more people expect for breakfast--I thought there was plenty to choose from. The veggie eggwhite omelets were surprisingly delicious--I highly recommend them, but there was also hardboiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereals, muffins, biscuits, juices, toast, and plenty of great coffee. The lobby was clean and nicely decorated. I can't complain a bit. [I'm not sure why, but Trip Advisor is not letting me choose four or five stars for Service, Sleep Quality, or Value???

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
P B P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

On behalf of my team, thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am so very grateful you recognized our committed and hardworking staff. Our team try's everyday to make guest stays "perfect." We met our goal! Glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy our hot breakfast bar. Our surveys show that an overwhelming number of people find it excellent, in product selection, presentation, taste and value. The veggie omelet egg-whites and turkey sausage patties are two new items implemented this year. Some new breakfast surprises are coming down the road, I hope you will be here to try them! Hope to see you again. - Matt Groppi - General Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stayed July 8/9, 2017. Always a good stay overnight. Staff very friendly and helpful. Really good value for travel lodging. Breakfast in the morning a little skimpy and the Orange Juice was mostly orange water. Still very good stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
P B P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Charles: thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Danville, Il. Our team values your business and your opinion. So very pleased you rated your stay "very good" and that you recognized the excellent overall value. Apologies on the orange juice and thank you for bringing to our attention; I will personally check the settings on the juice machine. We hope to see you in the future and again thank you. - Matt Groppi - General Manager