“Time warp restaurant”

Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Collinsville
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Get away from the everyday hustle and bustle and enjoy fabulous ice cold margaritas and some of the best Mexican food around! Enjoy a fantastic meal in a vibrant atmosphere that offers all your Mexican favorites such as enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, and much more!
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Disco ball, kareoke, two step in the bar area. We ate on the bar area so I can't address the separate restaurant section. The fajitas and quesadilla were decent. The margarita specials were weak and the frozen margaritas were not tasty. Free chips and salsa. The server was good. It was walking distance to the hotel . Fun to hang out with friends.

courtney z, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

We're glad you enjoyed yourself!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

This was my first time at Zapata's, having previously always gone to Montezumas when in the area. My husband and I were really excited to go - we were celebrating our anniversary and both really keen after looking at the menu.
The sangria was yummy and the service was quick - those are the two saving graces of the night. However when we walked in, we were greeted without a smile, just ushered to a corner - bit of a mothy smell in the place too.
I ordered the chimichanga and my husband Carne a La Tampiquena.
The chimichanga was bland - the menu stated it was filled with spicy chicken - there was nothing spicy about it - inside there were some bits of chicken breast that did not even see any salt or pepper, much less spices. No sauce, nothing. A little bit of tomato (not salsa) and sour cream on top. The accompanying rice was bland and again unseasoned.
My husband's meal was tiny - some bland refried beans, tiny, unseasoned steak that was overcooked and the 'chicken and cheese enchilada with hot mole sauce' - was disgraceful. No sauce to be seen, the actual enchilada was dry and again, everything unseasoned. We asked for salt and pepper to try to rescue our meals, but it just couldn't be saved.
Very disappointing - and this is in the Gold Class section of the Entertainment Book.
To top it off, I was sick when I got home. Doubt we'll go again.

courtney z, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

You have the wrong Zapatas with this review. We do not have any of the menu items that you are referring to. We are located in southern Illinois so I'm not quite sure where your visit was too, but it was not zapatas in Collinsville or Fairview Heights, Illinois.
If you ever make it our way though, you'd love it!
I do hope you remove this post from our restaurant as it is quite negative.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a quick dinner, ordered the chimichanga. It was quick service, and delicious. Complimentary chips and salsa to munch on while waiting for food.

courtney z, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Thank you so much for the good review! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We stop at Zapata's every time we're racing at Gateway Drag Strip. Always have good service & good food at fair prices.

courtney z, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you so much for the compliment! We're glad you stop by every trip and look forward to the next one!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Better than usual Mexican in a well decorated place. Fast friendly service. I got my go to Fajitas which was more than I could eat so I had some yummy take away.

courtney z, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you so much! Hope to see you again soon!