“Small town eats”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (618) 833-7788 / (800) 440-4489
Reviewed 1 March 2018

A group of six of us ate here after a snow goose hunt. Needless to say, we were hungry. Delmonico steak and pork chops were very good, as was the strip. Asparagus side was the best, but all the sides were well received. We ate here two nights in a row, price was very reasonable, service was a touch lacking.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We went here while visiting a friend and we loved the food. Courtney was our waitress and she was adorable. We loved the potato skins! Loaded with delicious cheese and green onion and bacon. I had a gigantic bbq hotdog that was smothered in cheese and on a fresh roll and came with the best bbq beans. My friend had pulled pork nachos and we tried some. That’s some delicious bbq pork! Flavor was top notch! The restaurant has beautiful antiques everywhere and outside is a beautiful waterfall and a nice place to relax after dinner. Go today! Hidden gem for sure.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Good backwoods location and atmosphere for this place. Service and food was good with lots of families coming in throughout our meal

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

The Blue Boar always sends me mixed signals. I have been giving my business to them for the past 4 years. Each time, there has been a different issue with their service or hostess. I want to start with the positives. The food has always been good, of course I have kept it simple to their line of stuffed burgers. They have always been hot and fresh. I like the Boar's seating area. It is very open with plenty of room. It is a mixture of a sports bar/ Hunting lodge/ New Orleans themed place. There is also a large bar. When the weather is right they have a very nice outside sitting area that includes a stream and a waterfall grotto area that is picturesque. All these things could make this one of my favorite restaurants except for the service.
There are a lot of younger wanting to be somewhere else waitresses. There has been for years now. Only once did we have a great waiter, and he was a young man that kept our drinks filled and checked on us when needed. That was just recently. Any other time, we have had either extremely long waits for our food, Waitress spending too much time gossiping with one another, or outright rude girls who think they should be out modeling instead of taking care of customers.
I want to love this place, but it needs an on floor manager to keep an eye on his help.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had great food! Generous portions and hot when served. Pulled pork nachos were delicious and catfish tenders were very fresh. Great little man made grotto by the restaurant as well. Great outdoor seating.

Been to Blue Boar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK