All reviews local women local community the owner converted stables small indian big cities mr singh village life rural india ancestral home peaceful oasis jeep safari daily life beautiful heritage hotel village children arts and crafts swimming pool
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Following a tip from a friend, I chose to spend 2 of my 8 Rajasthan days at Chandelao Garh and could not have been happier about that decision. My shoulders dropped as soon as I was inside, and I could just “be”. The tranquility of the place is felt everywhere, and all the staff without exception were very friendly and helped me have the best stay possible. The food was fantastic, and I’ll remember my gin&tonic on the rooftop, chatting the evening away with Praduman Singh, the owner of Chandelao Garh, which has been in his family since its construction hundreds of years ago. Praduman is himself a very warm and friendly person, and made sure I was enjoying my stay, truly feeling like a valued guest. Thanks for making this a highlight of my Rajasthan trip!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
chandelao, Owner at Chandelao Garh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for appreciating Chandelao garh. Your review is a great encouragement to us and will keep us motivated to work to the best of our ability.
Regards

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Spent two nights here during a tour of Rajahstan. Simply superb , beautifully restored fort with excellent service. Drove a camel cart out to a local lake, also enjoyed sunset and meals on the upper terrace.

Stayed: March 2018
chandelao, Owner at Chandelao Garh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest thank you som much for liking Chandelao.We are glad to know that you enjoyed the drive on the camel cart.
Your review is very encpuraging to us and will keep us motivated to work to the best of our ability.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We spent three nights at Chandelao Garh – an oasis on our journey through Rajasthan. The owner, Mr Singh, inherited the fort from his father and decided to try and rescue it from dereliction. The restored central section has wonderful Ganesh paintings, carvings and an open central area with tables along alcoves on both sides for diners. Spending time there was so peaceful after all our chasing around and jostling in big cities - you could feel yourself unwinding! Of course, we were very fortunate to be there at the same time as Mr Singh was holding his cousin's daughter’s engagement party. We were invited to watch the colourful and fascinating proceedings.. The food was fine and nicely presented though the dining room tended to be a bit cool as we were there in January and obviously eating early or late. But the staff were wonderful. Adu took us around the village and introduced us to many residents and school children. My wife even got her jeans shortened in minutes at the local tailor! Mr Singh invited us to have a drink with him one evening around a flaming brazier and we had a delightful talk about Rajasthan and the fun and issues of turning an old fort into a modern hotel.. We were keen to reassure him that he had done an excellent job! He is also supporting a charitable co-op, Sundar Rang, just outside the fort, which enables local women to earn money to support themselves by creating handicrafts. Naturally we bought a couple of beautiful items to bring home.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
chandelao, Owner at Chandelao Garh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Guest thank you so much for taking your time out to write this lovely review which makes us happy and is agreat encouragement to all of us at Chandelao. I will definaltely pass your good comments to Adoo and he will be very happy.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

A wonderful experience. Beautiful historic setting in a peaceful village. Incredible hosts that ensure your every need is catered for. I recommend the sunset drive for a sundowner with a view! A must!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
chandelao, Owner at Chandelao Garh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your liking Chandelao.
Your review is a great encouragement to us and will keep us motivated to work and serve our guests to the best of our ability.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We decided to stay here to get away from city life. You are truly in a poor village but the old fortress is beautifully renovated to meet travellers' needs. The rooms were spotless, good hot water and a clean pool. The food is above average and the rooftop dinners under the stars are a delight. We thoroughly enjoyed the camelcart bbq evening as well as the wildlife viewing morning drives. All great value. Definitely try this excursion to experience another side of India.

Stayed: February 2018