“Great as long as they get the order correct!”

Bergstein s NY Delicatessen
Reviewed 11 December 2015

I really like the soups here! The chicken and noodle, chili, and chicken with wild rice are all favorites. There are a ton of options on the menu as well. I like the bagel chips a lot. My only issue here is the inability at times to get my order correct. On my most recent visit, my sandwich was not made to order twice--even though the order-taker had it correct on my receipt. When I spoke up about that, the server who brought the sandwich to me didn't seem overly concerned, so I haven't been overly concerned about spending my money there for the last couple of months. I'm sure I will venture back in there and hope for better service, but for now. . .

Reviewed 23 September 2015

We were visiting friends and family in the far south suburbs of Chicago and stumbled into this incredible Jewish deli in Chicago Heights. The placed was packed for lunch and with good reason. The sandwiches are huge, delicious, and authentic deli cuisine.

You can order a "junior" or a "new york' sized sandwich. Unless you are monstrously hungry, stick with the 'junior' which packs about a 1/3 pound of meat between two slices of bread. In addition to the meat, the Reuben adds a huge portion of mild sauerkraut and melted cheese between the grilled slices of bread.

House made white fish salad, coleslaw, macaroni salad, and chicken soup. Want to add a layer of chopped liver onto your sandwich? Or an open faced sandwich on a potato pancake instead of bread? They can do that too. Come 'on man! This place really can't get much better

Sandwiches are spendy , but well worth the price. The staff are friendly, helpful and fast.

Bergstein's is located about 2000 miles from my house in Oregon. But to quote Arnold: I'll be back.

Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

I stopped here on a recommendation from a colleague at nearby hospital. When they are buzzing about a place, I figured it must be good.

They were right. I got the Smokey-Joe and it was outstanding. The service was great, quick, and two of us were out the door for under $24 out the door.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Not at all New York style unless they eat packaged cornbeef ,The worst !!!
Our family will spend the extra gas money to drive into Chicago and go to Mannys where the cornbeef is made fresh right their !!!!!

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Most of the time we order ahead and pick up an take out our lunch. They have daily specials that are a great deal if you like the sandwich of the day. Really like the Rachel sandwich and their tuna. Their soups are always good too.