1,014 results
All reviews free prosecco cadillac palace the theater district art deco decor social hour the loop great gatsby rooms are small wine hour yoga mat clark lake thin walls every evening mini bar beautiful hotel blue line o'hare airport
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The team at the Kimpton made the impossible happen for us! There was a citywide event and virtually no rooms available but not only did this team make it happen - they made it happen in grand style! Will definitely be going back!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SvetlanaR217, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Great customer service is what we aim for! Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at this Kimpton property during the Chicago Marathon and was very disappointed in the quality of room I received. The room and bathroom were very small and there was an unidentifiable musky odor that permeated the room. It smelled like smoke. The water bottles that are not complementary had a broken seal, which made me question the thoroughness of the cleaning. When we came back from the race late in the afternoon, the maid service had just arrived. All I wanted to do was take a hot shower but was asked to wait 20 minutes or so while the room was being cleaned. As an IHG member, I’m used to this happening in the morning. Worst of all, when I shared my concerns about the room quality and cleaning service with guest services I was told that I would receive a call from the manager but no one called me.

As someone who is loyal to the Kimpton brand, I was shocked and disappointed with this service and I would not recommend this property until major renovations and management changes are done.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew A
SvetlanaR217, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Matthew,

Thanks for taking time to provide feedback from your stay. We're sorry to see you weren't fully satisfied and apologize for the issue you experienced with your room. Should your travels bring you back to Chicago, we would welcome the opportunity to provide you with a much improved experience in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I stayed at the Kimpton Allegro for a wedding that I was a part of in September 2018. I will describe the service that I received at this Hotel. I was looking forward to my stay in the Windy City and the fabulous wedding weekend for my relative. I traveled 1,400 miles for the weekend. I was staying with my Grandparents on this trip. The Bridesmaid Dress that I was wearing for the wedding (which was the only dress I brought to wear to the wedding, as I was in it) was in my grandparent's room. Around 11:30 p.m. - Midnight, the night before the wedding, I received a frantic call from my Grandmother that their room had been flooded in addition to other rooms on their floor. I was in the middle of getting my hair styled for the wedding the next day when I received the call and had to rush back to the room.

When I arrived I found my Bridesmaid dress soaked and covered in black soot, in the hallway. I was panicked because I didn't know what else I was going to wear to the wedding. The hotel staff were only concerned about the other guests on that floor that were not in the wedding party. I am not saying that those guests should have been ignored, but we expressed our concern to get new rooms as soon as the incident happened. They left my elderly Grandparents soaked in the middle of the hallway while they found rooms for other guests. It was as if anyone associated with the wedding did not exist. Security only stood there and watched and wouldn’t answer any questions either. When the manager finally came to speak to us, he spoke in a demeaning tone and clapped his hands and made unacceptable hand gestures at our group as if we were incapable of understanding him without his rude tone and behavior. He proceeded to tell us that he did not know anything because he had only started less than a week ago. Though my dress was ruined my number one concern was finding out if my grandparents would have a place to sleep as it was in the early hours of the wedding day. We were originally supposed to have a room with two beds. When I went with my Grandparents to their new room it had tape on the windows and looked like a Murder scene. The room was small and cramped. I was given a similar room, thankfully with no tape, but I couldn't believe that my Grandparents had to stay in a room like that. It left them with an unsettling feeling to know that the infrastructure of their room was not up to par. Due to the flooding they could not leave their room until other relatives went out the next day to purchase clothing items for them as they were all damaged in the flood.

Now to address the issue of my dress. I went downstairs (again, I was suppose to be having my hair styled at this time, but had to leave my appointment to address the issue of my dress and room) to speak to an employee because the originally manager that was rude earlier was nowhere to be found. When I got to the front desk with my dress to show the staff my dress ( Soaked and with black soot) my concerns were shut down immediately. They stated that I couldn't speak to anyone about the problem until 7:30 a.m., which was only 30 minutes before the wedding day festivities began. I went down at exactly 7:30 a.m. the next day to speak to the manager that was working that day. They promised my dress would be back from the dry cleaner by 2:00 p.m. for pictures. 2:00 p.m. arrived and my dress still wasn't given to me. I called the front desk and was put on hold for over 10 minutes, when my Aunt went to the front desk to talk to them to see where exactly my dress was. They informed her that the person who was taking care of my dress was not answering her phone and nowhere to be found. At this point I was contemplating going to Macy's to get a different dress. They would only tell me my dress would be there soon. I did not receive my dress until 3:30 p.m. and we missed many photo opportunities because I did not have my dress, in addition it caused a lot of un-needed stress for the Bride-to-Be and myself. My dress still had stains all inside of it and smelled. I could only wear it for the wedding as it gave me a rash. As a person who works in the Public Health field this is deeply concerning that I don't know what chemicals I was exposed to from the Dark Soot on the dress. To make matters worse the Hotel attempted to charge my Aunt the Dry Cleaning fee for the dress.

I do know that the Hotel employees were on strike, but they have every right to do so. The Hotel should have been better prepared; many hotels had employees on strike throughout the city of Chicago. Other guests stayed at other hotels that had employees on strike and they did not have any issues. For the hotel to give this reason as to why their Hotel and customer service was not up to par is unacceptable. They are choosing to not take responsibility for being ill prepared for the situation.

After speaking to other guests, I found out that the flooding was not exclusive to my Grandparents floors but floors above them as well. It's baffling to see that the Hotel is taking the approach that they can't do anything for their guests and don't have any answers. It is simply unacceptable how this location acted in a time of need. This hotel lacks Hospitality and Customer Service. I think this is also apparent in their follow-up comments to negative reviews. They give the same response to the majority of the reviews instead of addressing the specific problems in each of them. I will say now if I ever visit Chicago again (which I do), I will not be giving the Kimpton Allegro Hotel another chance as there is no possible way they can ever persuade my opinion of their establishment.

Room Tip: All Rooms are Dark and uninviting, avoid this location and stay at one of the many other hotels in Chicago.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Trice7
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Hotel was used by a group for a meeting held off site. I was very impressed by the renovation that has been completed, The lobby is very attractive. My king size bedroom was smaller than newer hotels but very well appointed. My only complaint was no coffee maker. There is coffee service available in the lobby beginning at 6:00 am.The hotel staff was most gracious and accommodating. David, the concierge made reservations and assisted me with my IPad. Apparently renovations are ongoing based on a letter on the nightstand. I recommend this attractively renovated hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
SvetlanaR217, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

A charming art deco vibe is what we aim for! Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

They basically ruined my wedding weekend. I'm constantly getting complaints about how my family members property was destroyed due to the hotels faulty pipes that bursted in the middle of the night. These people had my Grandparents that are in their 80's by the way in the hallway SOAKING WET for 3 hours!!!!!! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! One of my bridesmaids dress was wet and had black soot all over it. They took FOREVER to get it cleaned. I had to push back the ceremony time. I couldn't get pictures with all of my bridesmaids dresses because of this. They didn't clean my room, nor some of the guests rooms. Some of my guests did not receive a gift box. My aunt was locked out of her room for hours. No one helped. This was just a hot mess. I wish I would've went with my initial hotel choice. This is overly embarrassing and this hotel doesn't deserve to be a 4 star nor cost as much as they do. Ugh.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank passport2paris
Iris J, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Paris,

we are so very sorry that your wedding weekend was ruined by the sprinkler that went off in one of your wedding guests rooms resulting in water damage to guestrooms as well as personal property and understand how frustrating this experience must have been on top of the inconvenience caused.
I would also like to apologize for the limited service in the guestrooms due to the strike of hotel workers that was happening during your stay with us.
We will continue to work with you to rectify this situation as quickly as possible and will remain in touch until a solution has been reached.

Iris Junge