All reviews union station blue line front desk rooftop pool willis tower chicago downtown convenient location valet parking walking distance street noise self park few blocks the room was nice late check big city business trip hotel restaurant
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I am very disappointed with this hotel. Due to a “house policy” that apparently trumps all other rates (regardless of the description when booking) I am out $3000 for a stay that did not happen at all.
I paid a significantly higher nightly rate for the “flexible rate”, so that I would have some flexibility that was traveling from overseas. I called the hotel to cancel immediately after his delayed visit. Weeks later when I noticed the charge had not been removed I contacted them. They refused to refund it due to an unwritten policy that was in affect, I guess I was supposed to just know this as this information was not given to me when making the reservation. I did not get a response from the GM until after I took matters to IHG directly, only then did I get an email claiming my messages went to spam.
Horrible service, double dipping for $3000 to me, and the money from poor guest that took the room after I cancelled it.
Fortunately, it was agreed with my bank that the charge is not valid even if the hotel did not.
It is unethical and deceptive to charge more to call a rate flexible rate and then say it is not only after the reservation is made. And it is bad business not to recognize this when brought to your attention. Beware of this hotel, if anything goes wrong with your stay it is unlikely that this hotel, Adrienne or Nitin, will do anything to help correct the issues.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Metrologic_USA
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Metrologic_USA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is unfortunate that you need to cancel your room reservation and the level of service you received in handling the concern. I am sorry that we failed to make your experience more worthwhile. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I was in town again this year for the Chicago Marathon. In booking hotels, there are SO many to choose from for race weekend. Last year we stayed here and as soon as I was registered to run again, I made reservations right away. The staff continues to be so beyond friendly. The room is clean and comfortable, and while I'm sure there are fancier out there, it does the trick! It's steps from the blue line which takes you to a busier area, but I didn't need to be right downtown. Alina and her staff are so friendly and I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the parking lot side, a little quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear aelysehill,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We appreciate the feedback shared about Alina services and for you making our Holiday Inn, your "home away from home".

Thank you again and see you next year.

Nitin Talati

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We had a great time there. I was with my fiancee for a couple days. The staff was so kindly and friendly. The location is really good if like to stay in downtown. The room was perfectly clean, bathroom was clean the made any our staying awesome.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bozhidar955

Thank you Bozhidar955 for the great feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown hotel and look forward to your next stay.

Nitin Talati

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We were happy with our time at this hotel. It's pretty average in most ways. The room was clean and a little small. Great breakfast. Location is OK but there are better locations. A little far from the action. Really close to the railway station if you are using that. You could walk if you wanted only 5 min walk.
The staff were very friendly and happy to help.

Room Tip: Keep to the rear as some rooms can be a little noisy with traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ezzerider
Reviewed 12 September 2018

When we arrived from Union Station by taxi (though it's walkable, but not in that day's 90+ degree heat), we were warmly greeted by Pamela, who whisked our considerable and heavy luggage onto a cart and into the hotel before I could quite catch my breath. She stayed by the cart, smiling, while I negotiated our reservation with the front desk, which went quickly and politely and professionally and warmly. I only remember one of the names of the people at the front desk, Veronica, but every one of the staff was highly professional, polite, & etc., but _especially_ were all very warm and personal.

It was so contrary to our preconceptions of what a Chicago hotel stay would be like, informed by previous experiences at other hotels. Really a shock, but an extremely pleasant one. My wife simply hates travel, especially by air, and she was wound up tight about the following day's flight. However, the people at this Holiday Inn were simply fantastic. When we left the next day, Julio was the man who called us a taxi to the airport and again loaded our luggage in a whirl after coming up to pick it up at the room for us. Again, I can't emphasize how personable I found the staff. We stayed there on September 4th, and I'll be booking it on the way back. I highly recommend this hotel, and I rarely do so lightly.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple