All reviews union station blue line front desk rooftop pool willis tower chicago downtown convenient location valet parking walking distance street noise self park few blocks the room was nice late check big city business trip hotel restaurant
Reviewed 12 September 2018

When we arrived from Union Station by taxi (though it's walkable, but not in that day's 90+ degree heat), we were warmly greeted by Pamela, who whisked our considerable and heavy luggage onto a cart and into the hotel before I could quite catch my breath. She stayed by the cart, smiling, while I negotiated our reservation with the front desk, which went quickly and politely and professionally and warmly. I only remember one of the names of the people at the front desk, Veronica, but every one of the staff was highly professional, polite, & etc., but _especially_ were all very warm and personal.

It was so contrary to our preconceptions of what a Chicago hotel stay would be like, informed by previous experiences at other hotels. Really a shock, but an extremely pleasant one. My wife simply hates travel, especially by air, and she was wound up tight about the following day's flight. However, the people at this Holiday Inn were simply fantastic. When we left the next day, Julio was the man who called us a taxi to the airport and again loaded our luggage in a whirl after coming up to pick it up at the room for us. Again, I can't emphasize how personable I found the staff. We stayed there on September 4th, and I'll be booking it on the way back. I highly recommend this hotel, and I rarely do so lightly.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel was decent rooms were fairly clean
We only stayed 1 night but did not get to use the pool central location made walking/biking to see the city super easy!!
Only concern was a sketchy area on the side of the hotel seen several homeless when it was dark. Didn't have any issues during our stay

Super close to Harold's Chicken the subway Greyhound bus stops and more....

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather_B_4074
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Good value and in the heart of Chicago with restaurants and attractions easily accessible. Bar is good value and breakfast is okay. Easy cab ride to just about everything. Safe walking in the near area to good restaurants.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 17 August 2018

The pool was beautiful! We had a great view of the building in the city. The rate was cheaper on IHG.com if you're a member. If you're not a member you should sign up!! The hotel was clean and in the downtown area. We extended our stay because there was so much to see in so little time. We will be back to stay at this place in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MRNMRSZ9
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We stayed for two nights (Friday - Sunday) for a family wedding in Chicago. Just happened to be the same weekend of the Lollapalooza music celebration. This hotel had many young 20s staying in rooms and coming in very late and a bit noisy. The hotel management and security handled them very well and kept all the rest of us able to sleep. One good thing, this hotel requires your hotel room key card to access the elevator to the floors where rooms are - nice security touch!

Because there is a lot of "city noise" around this hotel, they give a complimentary set of ear plugs for guests. A nice touch!

All hotel employees from the front desk, management and valet were all very helpful, friendly and on the ball!

It was easy for us to walk to CTA buses to go to the Field Museum.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple