“Top notch concierge” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Rochester, New York
“Top notch concierge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Both the morning and the evening concierge were the best I've ever had. The most helpful, friendly staff I've had while traveling. Help me stow my bags on the way in and on the way out since the timing was out of alignment with check-in/checkout. First time in Chicago and they steered me perfectly for directions, bus numbers, train lines, great sightseeing ideas, great bar and restaurant recommendations, and just enjoyable guys to talk to. I hope they are both there when I return,because i will because of them.
Location to subway, 100 yds awesome, location to busses, some 100yds, some 2 blocks, again awesome, very short walk form Amtrak station!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

There is a package for $20, in addition to your room rate, that covers breakfast each day, as well as, valet parking ... the latter is about $30 - $40 elsewhere downtown. This was the bait that lured us in.The rates are very reasonable. It's not a 5 star hotel so there are llittle things that show wear and tear ... crack in the area below the sink, no thermaostat ... had one of those older AC/heat things by the window, etc. BUT .. the convenience, price and staff made up for these little things as we were there for 6 nights. The breakfast off the menu at the pizza restaurant worried me before we got there but it was cooked to order; it was just fine. One evening we returned to see our room did not get made up and upon request it was cleaned and made up before we returned that night. Seems like the staff has a "we'll get right on it" attitude. Business center and work out rooms more than adequate!

Room Tip: We were in an odd numbered room (not suite) on the third floor and the room darkening shades allowed...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kazinia
Highlands Ranch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I've had alot of business in Chicago the past 7 months and have been staying at this hotel almost every week.
Every one of the staff is helpful and works to make my stay pleasant. They greet me by name as soon as I walk in the door on Monday.
The hotel itself is a little above average. Prices are comparable to others in the area. The restaurant is good.
Alina and Idalia especially take care of anything I need. Dwayne and the others are super.
I'll be staying here until my project ends in another few weeks.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tim C
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

The Holiday Inn downtown was very reasonably priced and the service was exceptional. Everyone there was friendly with the exception of Adrienne. She was disrespectful, rude, and downright mean. Everyone else was very friendly and eager to help including Alina, Dwayne the bellman and Dwayne the bartender. The food in the hotel restaurant was top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, with the exception of my interactions with Adrienne Eisenhour, and would recommend it to anyone staying in Chicago and going to the downtown attractions.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

This location always has a great and knowledgable staff. They are friendly and always willing to help out in any way. My only complaint has been the need to update this property. They seem to be doing it now, however, I wonder what they are doing.
The color scheme in the lobby and hallway to the restaurant (at this time) reminds me of Easter decorations or kiddie day care rooms. It does not invoke a feeling of being in a hotel lobby. There is a repair or replacement of the floor in the lobby seating center that looks odd at least when I was there December 19th through the 23rd. I hope the efforts bring together a nice looking facility but at this time I just can't imagine that.
I always enjoy my stays at that location, but that has been due to the fine staff, as mentioned above.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business