3,021 results
All reviewsfull kitchenfree dinnergreat locationbreakfast and dinnernavy pierthe sofa bedthe magnificent miletop floorvalet staffseparate bedroomliving areawithin walking distancecomplimentary breakfastevening receptionmichigan avetrump towerwrigley building
Reviewed 5 January 2011

As much as I'd like to find something wrong with this hotel, I simply can not. The rooms were spacious for my wife, daughter, and I. Bed was comfortable and rooms were very clean.
Check-in went quickly and smoothly and lady was very helpful in helping me with where to go and what to do.
Valet service, though a tad expensive, was very professional and always greeted us with a smile. Everyone at the hotel made us feel very welcome.
I would definitely recommend this inexpensive hotel to anyone traveling into Chicago (River North area) for a short stay. Ranked #4 hotel in Chicago, and with good reason. The breakfast buffet hit the spot in the morning, and the Manager's reception each night also helped us save money.
Don't know what else I could add. I will try another hotel in the future just for the sake of staying somewhere else for comparison, but will definitely not rule out Homewood Suites either. Very happy with our stay. The hotel puts you right in the heart of the shopping district with everything you can think of within a short walk. Water Tower Place, Hancock Tower, Chicago Theater, Navy Pier, Harry Caray's, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Horse & Carriage rides, WGN, Trump Tower, Chicago River, etc. etc. etc.

2  Thank KankakeeCoSpeedway
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us and for the kind comments. It is great to see that guests are making the most of our value and location. I hope that you do consider us for future stays.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

What a great location. The hotel could use a bit of updating, but the rooms are huge. The pool is great on the top floor with awesome views. We travel ALOT and are very picky and we really loved it here. The service was excellent. Everyone on staff was exceptionally nice. The breakfast and dinner were great. Only a couple small complaints...the pool had tons of sand on the bottom and the water looked cloudy. Also, our son got locked in the bathroom for a bit (old door), but maintenance came right away to help him get out and to replace the lock. Other than those items our stay was perfect and we will definately return if we are ever in Chicago again.

1  Thank ILoveVacation4

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay and for the kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and Chicago.

I would like to apologize for the condition of the pool. Several guests brought this to our attention. It turned out that a broken part in the filter allowed some filtration sand to escape. Not an unhealthy situation but certainly not pleasant. This has been repaired. I hope this did not detract too much from your stay.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 January 2011

My two daughters (ages 22 and 19) and I just returned from a 4 day visit in Chicago. We stayed at the Homewood Suites and the hotel was perfect. We got the park and stay rate ($194). We pulled up and the valet took our car and brought all our luggage to the room. There is no need to have a car in Chicago. The rooms were great-full kitchen (dishwasher, full frig, microwave, cooktop) and included glasses, dishes, and utencils. The breakfast and dinner menues were AMAZING-and free. I figured we saved at least $90/day on food! The meals were real meals, not just continental breakfast and heavy snacks. We were there the week between Christmas and New Years and it was VERY crowded, but the hotel dining room staff kept up with the food replenishment and the tables-and they did it all with smiles! The hotel is very clean and every staff member we encountered was very friendly. So many things we wanted to do were within walking distance, even in the cold weather. we loved it! Having free wifi in the room was a plus. We are planning a trip back in the spring and we will definitely stay at Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. And be sure to register for a Chicago Greeter if you are planning a visit to Chicago!

1  Thank jeannealpha
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay and for the kind comments. It is really nice to see that a family took advantage of our value and location over the holiday week.

Thank you again and I hope you do consider us for future visits to Chicago.

Reviewed 3 January 2011

Hotel is ok. The lobby is on the 6th floor. Service is spectacular. The building itself is not magnificent; the orange bed cover is tacky and feels weird on the body. Location is excellent. Restaurants (PF Chiangs and Joe seafood &Steakhouse) are a block away. Nordstrom and Bloomingdales are both conveniently located for your shopping urges. I would recommend this hotel to travellers with kids in tow and budget conscious people however if you have the dough to splurge, Marriott Hotel is just around the corner.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank DCgirl30

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I am sorry that the furnishings and decor weren't a little more to you liking. I appreciate your comment about our service. That really is how we try to set ourselves apart.

Thank you again and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 2 January 2011

Stayed with the "Park 'n Play" package just after Christmas and thought it was a very good choice. The staff were all very attentive and friendly. The location was excellent -- about a block from Mag Mile shopping and 2 blocks from the "L." If we didn't walk, we took cabs most places (Navy Pier, Willis Tower, Hancock bldg., Water Tower) and the fare was always well under $10 for all 4 of us. With parking ($42/day) included and both breakfast & dinner (Mon-Thurs.) as well, I don't see how you could beat the value. I'm sure CHI's great restaurants are what many travelers prefer but we had 2 kids under 10 so the meals @the hotel worked out much better. Food options were plentiful and changed daily, and I couldn't believe beer & wine were included at dinner. We'd stay again with or w/o the kids.

1  Thank tribucks

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay and for the kind comments. It is nice to see that you and your family were able to take advantage of the meals offered at the hotel as well as get out and enjoy Chicago.

Thank you again and I do hope you consider us for future visits.

Rgeards,