3,051 results
All reviews full kitchen free dinner great location breakfast and dinner navy pier the sofa bed separate bedroom the magnificent mile top floor valet staff living area complimentary breakfast within walking distance evening reception michigan ave trump tower yogurt
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at his hotel for three weeks while on business. I loved this hotel and all it had to offer. I had an amazing view of Trump Tower and other downtown skyscrapers from my hotel room; it was quite an amazing site to wake up to such an amazing view every morning. The food offered (complimentary breakfast seven days a week and dinner Monday thru Thursday) was fantastic and the dining facilities were elegant and comfortable. While the valet parking was expensive, the valet staff were quick, polite and professional. Best of all, I got to see the top runners in the world cross Mile1 of the 2013 Chicago Marathon since the hotel is literally right in front of Mile 1 of the marathon.

I greatly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will be coming back if I should find myself back in Downtown Chicago again. The neighborhood was great and provided a nice path to go for a run overlooking the water. Deep dish pizza is also a must to try while in Chicago and there are several options for deep dish right in the Magnificent Mile neighborhood. Also, it was awesome having the pool and gym on the top floor of the hotel….talk about an amazing view!

Room tip: All the views from around the hotel seemed great!
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel R
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Daniel R,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had a great experience at Homewood Suites throughout your 3 week visit. I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary, breakfast, evening Manager’s Reception, pool, and location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring to downtown Chicago.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are nice big when traveling with children. We had are own room and the kids had a pull out sofa. The refrigerator was a full size and that was a plus for drinks and leftovers. The hotel is in a great location for restaurants and shopping. Would stay again..

Date of stay: October 2013
1  Thank eric g

eric g,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your experience at the hotel. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the in-suite refrigerator and location of the hotel as you visited the restaurants and shops in the area. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Homewood Suites is more on the pricey side, but is prime location downtown with breakfast and dinners during the week which you can't beat. The rooms are very nice with a kitchen which is helpful for storing leftovers. It's a great location for restaurants, the mall, transit line and most everything. We enjoyed our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Piper B
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Piper B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. It made me happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I can see that you took advantage of the complimentary breakfast, evening Manager’s Reception, and in-suite kitchen. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Seriously. I LOVE that the bedroom is separate from the living/sitting room (TVs in each, what a nice amenity). Wonderful king size bed. Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher. BIG living space. Good free breakfast; excellent service, especially the valet car service. Within walking distance of Art Institute, The Egg, Millenium Park, the Magnificent Mile--truly outstanding experience, especially for the price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmkirby911

kmkirby911,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was honored to see that you enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites so much that you want to live here. I see that you took advantage of the complimentary breakfast, spacious suite, in-suite kitchen, and location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

There I chose this based on the location and that it had a kitchenette. I like having them when I'm staying someplace for more than a couple of days. In this case, I stayed for 5 nights, in town for some Cubs & Sox games (and just a little bit of work). The hotel is a block from the Grand stop on the red line, 10-15 min from both Wrigley & US Cellular. It's in the heart of downtown but not *on* Mag Mile, which is nice, but it is a block away. It's a 20 min walk to the Navy Pier, lots of food & shopping. It's in the same building as Eataly and Joe's Seafood & Steak...both of which I ate at happily.

Pros
* The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I had a room on the 19th floor and had a lovely view of Downtown Chicago.
* All the employees were very very nice & helpful.
* There is a TV in the living room and in the bedroom, which is nice.
* I never got to partake in the free breakfast...I never woke up in time. lol. It would be nice if they could extend it to 10:30. *
Gym is on the 19th floor, small but good.
* The kitchenette has basics to get you by. But buy your own coffee grounds if you want it to taste good. :)

Cons...
*I had to print some docs but the computer in the Business Center was so old that it would not let me log into Dropbox or print from Gmail! If I had the time, I would have tried to see if I could connect to the Center with my own laptop but alas...I had to leave for a meeting w/o the documents.
* The decor could use an upgrade but that's not why you're coming here.
* Water pressure could have been better. It wasn't very strong to begin with (perhaps it was just my room?) but when someone in another room flushed the toilet, the water practically stopped.
* Oh..and the internet is complimentary but quite slow. You can pay for faster connections but it really wasn't that much faster.

The rate I paid was good for the area but I probably would not stay here again unless the rate was a little lower considering the items above. But I also wouldn't stop anyone from staying here if they asked me. I did enjoy it for the most part.

Room tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor for a nice view.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank NYNeenz

ThatGirl3,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the very nice and helpful associates at the hotel. I see that you enjoyed many of the amenities we offer at the hotel such as the in-suite kitchen, fitness center, and the 2 TVs in the suite. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.