3,029 results
All reviews full kitchen free dinner great location breakfast and dinner navy pier the sofa bed the magnificent mile top floor valet staff separate bedroom living area within walking distance complimentary breakfast evening reception michigan ave trump tower wrigley building
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Seriously. I LOVE that the bedroom is separate from the living/sitting room (TVs in each, what a nice amenity). Wonderful king size bed. Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher. BIG living space. Good free breakfast; excellent service, especially the valet car service. Within walking distance of Art Institute, The Egg, Millenium Park, the Magnificent Mile--truly outstanding experience, especially for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmkirby911
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

kmkirby911,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was honored to see that you enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites so much that you want to live here. I see that you took advantage of the complimentary breakfast, spacious suite, in-suite kitchen, and location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

There I chose this based on the location and that it had a kitchenette. I like having them when I'm staying someplace for more than a couple of days. In this case, I stayed for 5 nights, in town for some Cubs & Sox games (and just a little bit of work). The hotel is a block from the Grand stop on the red line, 10-15 min from both Wrigley & US Cellular. It's in the heart of downtown but not *on* Mag Mile, which is nice, but it is a block away. It's a 20 min walk to the Navy Pier, lots of food & shopping. It's in the same building as Eataly and Joe's Seafood & Steak...both of which I ate at happily.

Pros
* The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I had a room on the 19th floor and had a lovely view of Downtown Chicago.
* All the employees were very very nice & helpful.
* There is a TV in the living room and in the bedroom, which is nice.
* I never got to partake in the free breakfast...I never woke up in time. lol. It would be nice if they could extend it to 10:30. *
Gym is on the 19th floor, small but good.
* The kitchenette has basics to get you by. But buy your own coffee grounds if you want it to taste good. :)

Cons...
*I had to print some docs but the computer in the Business Center was so old that it would not let me log into Dropbox or print from Gmail! If I had the time, I would have tried to see if I could connect to the Center with my own laptop but alas...I had to leave for a meeting w/o the documents.
* The decor could use an upgrade but that's not why you're coming here.
* Water pressure could have been better. It wasn't very strong to begin with (perhaps it was just my room?) but when someone in another room flushed the toilet, the water practically stopped.
* Oh..and the internet is complimentary but quite slow. You can pay for faster connections but it really wasn't that much faster.

The rate I paid was good for the area but I probably would not stay here again unless the rate was a little lower considering the items above. But I also wouldn't stop anyone from staying here if they asked me. I did enjoy it for the most part.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor for a nice view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank NYNeenz

ThatGirl3,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the very nice and helpful associates at the hotel. I see that you enjoyed many of the amenities we offer at the hotel such as the in-suite kitchen, fitness center, and the 2 TVs in the suite. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at another Homewood Suites in San Diego (thanks to TA!) and really enjoyed our stay, so we decided to give it another try on a trip to Chicago. The location was fantastic (about 2 blocks from the Grand (Red) L subway station) and close to many Chicago attractions. We were only a block or so from Michigan Ave and didn't need to rent a car--because of the hotel's location, we walked everywhere or took the L.

The room itself was great--having a separate living area and bedroom meant that DH and I could stay up a little later while our 4 year old son slept. Having a kitchenette meant that we could keep snacks and drinks. The room was clean and quiet, with a nice view of the north end of the Magnificent Mile.

The free breakfast was a nice touch too. The offerings were relatively slim, but it was enough to get us up and going. It's really nice to have the option. We needed to store our bags before checking in and after checking out (due to an early inbound flight and late departure), and the hotel was very accommodating.

We would definitely stay here again! Homewood Suites hotels seem to be a good fit for my family.

Room Tip: Views from the high floors are really nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alligeek

Alligeek,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that Homewood Suites downtown Chicago was perfect for you and your family. I see that you were able to take advantage of the location of the hotel, the spacious suite, and complimentary breakfast. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you're looking to stay downtown near the Red Line, then this hotel is a good option. It is also all-suite, so you have a kitchen and separate sleeping and living areas. Check-in staff were very nice and friendly. Free breakfast was a good perk, saved us some money. Parking here is high (around $50 a night). Exercise room and pool were sufficient.

The free internet was a little wonky at times, and we were charged $4.95 for using high speed internet one day when we did not. We were only accessing internet on our phones, and we stayed four nights. It wouldn't have made sense for us to use the upgraded high speed service. Anyway, the management said they would reverse the charge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CEQUAS

CEQUAS

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you had a nice experience at our hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast, spacious suite, and in-suite kitchen. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I expected slightly better condition of the hotel, because it was a Hilton chain. I found the furnishings / decor dated. It was nothing fancy, but spacious and comfortable and clean. Having a kitchen would have been a plus if I was traveling with my family - but for business not necessary. I didn't like the smell of what guests down the hallway were cooking, but it didn't waft into my suite. The hotel staff made up for what the room might have been lacking. The two staff members that helped me out at check-in were curteous, helpful and kind. They went out of their way to make me feel welcome and were happy to change my room to my requested lower floor. They helped me get my bearings, plan my meeting place the next morning and provide directions to nearby stores and places. The perk of free coffee in the lobby was nice - and the decaf was still hot and fresh at 9 p.m. at night (I also liked the flavoured creamers!). Again at checkout I was met with pleasant staff - that would be the only thing to draw me back to be a guest.....given all the other choices of downtown hotels in Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Aime V

Aime V,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning the helpful, pleasant, and friendly staff. I see that you enjoyed the spacious and comfortable suite. We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.