“Nice - Reasonably Priced (for Chicago) Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #53 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The hotel is in a great location. 2 blocks from Grand train station, 2 blocks from Michigan Ave. Lots of shopping and restaurants. Rooms are big and have a full kitchen. Bed was comfortable and included breakfast the good enough. Most important was that the rooms were spacious and clean. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lostinatlanta
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Lostinatlanta,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you found the suite to be comfortable and that you liked the full kitchen. I was also glad to see that you found the location of the hotel to be convenient. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chicago.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Homewood Suites last week while visiting Chicago. The hotel is clean, the complimentary breakfasts and weeknight dinners and other amenitites are very nice, but I have to say the staff at this hotel is the friendliest and most accomodating of any staff I've encountered at a hotel, especially Noah, who we encountered upon entering the hotel our first day in the city. Doors were held open for us each time we entered and excited the hotel, we were asked how our days were upon entering the hotel in the late afternoon (and I felt the question was genuine) and the dining staff were always very pleasant and re-stocked food right away and cleared dishes from our table very efficiently. One staff member even offered to bring us additional beverages so that we would not have to leave our table, when this clearly was not his job. Kudos to this hotel for hiring and maintaining such wonderful staff members!! They made our stay so welcoming, and I've already recommended it to family members and friends who plan to travel to Chicago in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jamielynn1103

Jamielynn1103,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. I was also glad that you were able to enjoy the breakfast, dinner, and other amenities we offer here at the hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to mention the friendly and accommodating staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed here with my son earlier in April, when the Blackhawks were playing in the Playoffs..

I've stayed at this hotel before so I'm accustomed as to what experience to have (which is always good)

I was able to check in to the hotel at 9:30 a.m. (with a room available thankfully), had a Room on the top floor (the same floor with which the Pool and Fitness Center are located.)

Bellman and Doorman were always polite and always said Welcome Back or Have a Good Morning etc etc...

Rooms are always great, full kitchens with all the amenties, living room area with seperate tv and a Master Bedroom with privacy doors..

I always enjoy staying here....

Great Job...

Room Tip: Get a room facing the South, which afford better views of the City Skyline...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank caneshockey31

Caneshockey31,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the suite and all the other amenities we offer. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to mention the polite staff and for being such a loyal guest to the property. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chicago.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and I have stayed here a number of times over the past ten years (and I alone a couple of times). Having stayed in a few other hotels in Chicago, both Hilton-affiliated and other hotels which shall remain nameless, this is the one at which we prefer to stay, for several reasons.
1) All the 'rooms' are in fact two room suites--bed in one room and sofabed in the other--which is great for families or if one person arises earlier than the other (whistles innocently).
2) All the rooms have kitchenettes, complete with pots, pans, plates, glasses and flatware, refrigerator, stovetop and microwave--so you can bring home leftovers or cook a meal from scratch if you don't want to go out for lunch or dinner.
3) The soundproofing between rooms is decent; some sound seeps in from the hallway, neighboring rooms and elevator shafts but nothing like the Embassy Suites (both of them!) It takes a considerable ruckus to be at all obvious.
4) The breakfast buffet is decent: something hot, something cold, and now waffles! (Will the staff give to-go boxes if I ask? you used to have styrofoam boxes out, and it's nice to be able to take something up for my husband, for which see #1)
5) I've left the most important for last: the staff. Wonderful people, who not only remember us from trip to trip, but seem to enjoy their job(s). What impresses me most, given the turnover in the hotel industry and having myself worked in various hospitality jobs in the service industry, is that a number of the staff have been at this facility for years. I hope this means this hotel is doing something right as an employer! As a guest, the fact that the staff remember me/us between visits is reassuring on the few instances I've come alone; while guests need to take personal responsibility for their own security--check your surroundings, lock your room door--it's comforting to know that the staff is also paying attention.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jjhenke
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Jjhenke,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the suite and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to mention and highlight your experience with the staff of Homewood Suites. It really means a lot to all of us and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the rest of the team. I hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I am staying in Chicago on business and have been since March 2012. We were originally at a different hotel, one I thought was great, until I came to this one. I had gotten very used to the other hotel and was upset when we were being moved here. But as soon as I arrived I knew this hotel was like none of the ones I had stayed in before. The bellmen were awesome. I was greeted by Amer and Noah who were second to none. I can count on Amer every morning hailing a cab for me and he always makes the day seem special as he tells the driver to take care of his friends and to drive safely.The service here is second to none. Thanks Amer for always starting the day off on a pleasent note. The entire staff at this hotel make this hotel a great place to stay and one you will always want to return to. The food is excellent. Makes travelling a real pleasure. Thanks to you all for a special home away from home experience.

Room Tip: Close to almost everything. Kid friendly. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Food is great. Excellen...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda G

Linda,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and that you felt that you were home away from home. Amer and Noah are two of our best team members; thank you for taking the time to mention them. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Amer, Noah, and the rest of the team here at Homewood Suites. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Chicago.