Upon arrival (5:00 pm on a Thursday) at this downtown Chicago hotel I was greeted by a very welcoming Valet staff who helped us with our luggage and parking the car. We went up to the sixth floor where we were greeted by a friendly, courteous clerk who checked us into our room promptly. We were booked on the 11th floor and I noticed immediately when I stepped off the elevator that the hallways were clean. Fresh paint, newer carpet. After a long 5 hour drive from Kentucky I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped into our room on the 11th floor. Clean, Updated, and comfortable.
Since it was 5:00 pm my children and I headed back down to the sixth floor for the manager reception where I was expecting to be served chips and gum drops, but instead we helped ourselves to nice, crisp salad greens with all the trimmings, potato wedges, big hot dogs (I think it was opening day at the ballpark in Chicago), and for dessert , warm, chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven. All the soda, beer, or wine you wanted. I was delighted that I could sit down with the kids and get something to eat before heading out to Navy Pier. I have been at other Hilton chain hotels and never received anything as nice and I was impressed by the attention of the staff. They were very pleasant, and helpful removing unwanted plates immediately.
That evening my son enjoyed the indoor pool with all the other kids, and I couldn't have been more satisfied with my comfortable bed that night.
The next morning we went to the breakfast buffet which included delicious waffles with cherries and whipped cream, fresh pasteries, fruit, and bagels. Eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, juices...all terrific.
When we contacted valet for our car and luggage they were very prompt, courteous, and helpful.
Over all I can't say a bad thing about this hotel! I tavel often and believe this was an excellent value for the money. Staff was top shelf. When I return to Chicago I will gladly book this hotel again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points -receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. Check us out online for discounts and packages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton
- Chicago Homewood Suites