Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
The Peninsula
US$ 626
US$ 599
  • Restaurant
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 705
US$ 817
US$ 592
US$ 558
  • Fitness centre
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 638
US$ 593
HotelsClick
2,912 results
All reviewsfull kitchenfree dinnergreat locationbreakfast and dinnernavy pierthe sofa bedvalet staffthe magnificent miletop floorliving areaseparate bedroomcomplimentary breakfastwithin walking distancebreakfast staffevening receptionmichigan avewrigley building
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed here on the recommendation of my husband who was here for business ten years ago. This was my first trip to Chicago, so having a recommendation was nice and saved me time researching places. Saw it was well-rated, in a convenient location, and no incidents on the bedbug registry, so gave it a shot.

Had a one bedroom suite for my daughter and me - in town for a college visit. Very nice to have a separate bedroom and living area. We did not use the kitchen, but it was well-equipped. The bathroom was quite roomy, but had very limited vanity surface - just small sides around the sink. Would have been nice to have shelving or some extra surface area. The suite and hotel overall were very clean and well-kept. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Starr at the front desk. Didn't like that all the light bulbs were fluorescent and the bedroom had only one small lamp on one side of the bed, so that room was very dark when getting ready for bed.

The $20.12 parking special was no great deal since you couldn't combine it with any other discounts like AAA rate. I think it was less than $5 cheaper than taking the AAA room rate and paying regular parking.

The breakfast was OK - only noteworthy thing was the waffles you could make fresh. Avoid the "scrambled eggs" - truly disgusting!

The location was fine, although it was very confusing that E. Grand St intersects Michigan Ave BELOW ground and you have to walk up steps to get to Michigan. I'd probably look at other options as we saw lots of nice places while walking around the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lmyq
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Imyq,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Regarding your comment about the shelving and extra surface area, I will bring the issue up with the Engineering department and see what can be done. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed here for 1 night with my husband and 10 yr old daughter. We had a suite on the 12th floor - we had checked in online and selected a suite on the 17th floor but when we arrived we were told the pool on the 19th floor had leaked into that room so we couldn't have it - strange but no big problem. Overall, the hotel does exactly what you need in a big city - provides a clean bed when you are exhausted after sightseeing, and a plentiful breakfast to set you up for the next day's activities, and this for a reasonable price.

Pros:
Location - close to Michigan Ave but away from much of the noise and bustle.
Breakfast - by no means gourmet but adequate fuel to get you through till lunch. Breakfast room well managed by multiple staff.
Room was very clean.
Wifi - free for Honors members and fast.
Check in staff were very friendly and helpful.

Cons:
Room outdated with chipped bathtub, bed had blankets not duvet.
Room smaller than other Homewood Suites we have stayed in (but I guess smaller rooms are common in big cities.)
Toilet and fridge were extremely noisy.
Elevators (only 2) were slow at peak times.
Pool was not super clean and, according to my daughter, tasted of urine.

We would definitely stay here again, unless a newer hotel were available for the same price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Britsinindiana,

Thank you for your review. I was happy to see that you and your family were pleased with our hotel, staff, and amenities. I was glad to see that you and your family took advantage of our hotel’s convenient location near most of the attractions Downtown Chicago has to offer.

I want to also thank you for your feedback. I will bring up the points you commented on with the team and see if we can figure out a solution.

We hope to see you again the next time you visit Chicago.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I spent three nights in Chicago staying at the Homewood Suites. The location was excellent providing ready access by CTA from O'Hare and for all of the tourist travel we undertook. The CTA Red Line was only a block away. Our room was fresh, spacious and comfortable. The major flaw for the hotel was the 6th floor lobby and the limitations experienced by providing only two elevators. There were a sizeable number of family groups staying at the hotel which might explain some of the elevator inconvenience for our stay. This also made the complimentary breakfast difficult to enjoy. However, I like the value for cost and would return to this hotel. Perfect access to Wrigley Field by CTA!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

DRVToronto,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I was glad to see the location of our hotel was convenient for you and that you found value by staying with us.

I was sorry to see that the elevators created an inconvenience for you. We are limited by the design of the building. However, after discussing the issue with the team, we will try to lessen the wait time during peak periods by offering access to the back elevators.

I hope to see you again the next time you choose to visit Chicago.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

What a great stay we had. They took care of our family as if we were the only ones there. Which at meal times was very crowded. The meals were good for young families that dont feel like going back out and spending more money on food. We felt the meals were very good.
Swimming pool does need some work but the views are great. The pool water was comfortable to swim in. But the huge swimming pool cleaner was not a pretty site to look at everytime we went swimming. I was afraid of my kids to get near it. We always went around 6 pm and wasn't very crowded.
We stayed in room 1118 and had fantastic views. Would have liked to be higher but since we prechecked in on the hilton site- it only gave us 3 floors to choose from. And we were very happy with this room. Didn't hear anyone at all - was like we were the only ones there.
Will return!! :)
Negative-The bed was awful and I am typically not a picky person for beds but this was a very hard bed to sleep on.

Room Tip: 1118 if a great room with great views and an extra window. And we were tucked in a corner room and couldn't hear anyone in the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Heidi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Like your family, many of our guests find our breakfast and dinner to be of great value and very good food. I was also happy to see that you and your family were able to enjoy the swimming pool. We look forward to making your family feel at home again the next time you are staying in Chicago.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Overall, Homewood Suites in downtown Chicago was a very good value and I would stay here again. The hotel is very nice, updated, and comfortable. They offered plenty of hot food for dinner and breakfast and the staff did an excellent job of helping guests in the dining room. It was also great to have the kitchenette right in our room with a full size refrigerator to keep extra snacks and beverages. The location, right in the heart of sight-seeing and shopping, was perfect. We were able to leave our car parked and walked to Navy Pier and Michigan Ave. The bed was super comfortable and the suite offered enough space for all 4 of us to sit, stretch out, and be comfortable.
On the slightly downside, the room was a bit stuffy and the bathroom is so small that we couldn't open or close the bathroom door unless the seat was up (definitely designed by a man!). We did not have good service from the valet and bellman either at check in or check out. However, these minor inconveniences were outnumbered by all the good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside offer a view of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jemma40
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Jemma,

Thank you for your review. We were very pleased to see that our suites, amenities, service, breakfast, and dinner were of good value to you. I was also glad to see that you took advantage of our great location and walked to Navy Pier and Michigan Ave.

I am happy to say that we have changed some of the cleaning products we use for the rooms. The Housekeeping team is very excited about the new products and we feel it will make a big difference in spritzing up the rooms. We hope the next time you choose to stay with us, the change is noticeable to you.