1,026 results
All reviews wrigley field lake shore drive cubs game sun room afternoon cookies quiet neighborhood continental breakfast sitting room small elevator within walking distance great neighborhood yogurt hard boiled eggs honor bar an older building small hotel king suite
Reviewed 27 November 2015

My visits to Chicago almost always include a stay at the Majestic Hotel. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure my needs are met and that I am very comfortable with my room. I am very fortunate to have found the Majestic and their quiet city neighborhood. Certainty, this Hotel is one of Chicago's Jewels.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

David,
We are so happy Majestic is your only place to stay in when you visit Chicago. . We thank you for being so loyal to us and we will see you back soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2015

The check in staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms are not huge but not small either. It's quite an old building but I didn't really hear much noise, and it's in a quiet street so no traffic noise either. This just means your view out the window will be the brick wall of the building next door, so don't expect any panoramic views of the lake or downtown.

The breakfast was good, and there's free tea and coffee available all day in the sitting room with the afternoon cookies a nice touch. Free wi-fi is available and works well.

I found the location very convenient, it's not downtown, but it's only 10 minutes walk to the train station and the bus is close by as well. Paid parking is available but if you're lucky you can also get a street park for free, although I wouldn't count on this as they can be hard to come by.

I booked a few months ahead and got a reasonable rate, although it might get a bit pricey at the last minute, especially if the Cubs are in town.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Hotel M, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Majestic Hotel, and for taking the time to give us a review. We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel as well our neighborhood and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 November 2015

I checked-in after a very long extended business trip for a night of fun and relaxation before heading home. Mona welcomed me like an old friend, and the room was perfectly clean and quiet. She helped me with parking needs and then I was on my way out. The next morning she was cheery, and sent me happily on my way. I have stayed at the Majestic many times, but this was the most enjoyable. I highly recommend it as a convenient, affordable, and welcoming place to stay on the North Side.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Scott,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your trip with us – we hope to see you on your next trip to Chicago whether it’s for business for pleasure.

Roxana Dumbrava

Reviewed 23 November 2015

The Majestic offers the feel of a European hotel and a bit of the Bed & Breakfast feel. The staff were wonderful. This was a girls' weekend to see a play. We had no idea how quaint and convenient this hotel would be.

The area is much more rural right around the hotel but just a few blocks over includes some amazing restaurants and bars. Everything is in walking distance. The area appears safe and we walked back to the hotel late at night without concern.

The staff were more than helpful with boarding passes and restaurant recommendations. One gentleman even gave me a brief history of the building.

The continental breakfast is one of the best. Although we didn't make it back for afternoon coffee/ tea and cookies, it was a nice touch that it was offered. We did enjoy the fireplace in the lobby/ dining room area.

The rooms were spacious and while it was freezing outside, the rooms were toasty.

I'll definitely come back to The Majestic if I'm in the area again.

Room tip: We had a room overlooking the balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hotel M, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2015

Sharon,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy that you enjoyed our location, friendly staff, and comfortable guest room.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 November 2015

A pleasant surprise was that I was allowed to check in around 12:30 pm instead of 3:00 pm. This was important since I had a meeting to go to, just one street over at 2:00 pm. Cody took my luggage when I arrived and explained how to get to the parking garage, just around the corner. With validated ticket only $ 22.00 a night - in Chicago! When I came back, I received my room key and information about breakfast, etc. It was great to have time to relax and have a glass of Chardonnay from the fridge and some pistachios. All within the honor system, just marking a form. Room 111 was small, but very cozy. Nice modern furniture, very comfortable bed with white linens, which I prefer, nice bathroom, even two white robes. The "view" was into an alley, but that did not bother me. What bothered me though was that the room was fairly dark, not enough lighting. The floor squeaked. When I tried to fall asleep, I heard the people above me walking back and forth on the same squeaky floors and also slamming their doors. I was awake way past 1 am and not very relaxed the next morning. That was the only negative. I found the breakfast room very cozy with the fire place and what was offered totally adequate. When I checked out, I let the reception know that I had a bad night because of the floors. The gentleman smiled at me and said "it is an old building!" Yes, it is. I want to come back, but will make sure I have no squeaky floor above me. Location could not be better, not for my meeting place in Cornelia Ave. KB

Room tip: Ask for a room with enough lighting and no squeaky floors.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2015

Dear guest,
Thank you for your detailed review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay and please remind us next time to give you a room on the top floor.

Happy holidays!